Oil Consumption

What are the oil consumptions like for the Skoda Superbs. Anyone need to top up oils before the service interval is due (15,000km). 

Just seeing if anyone with the Skoda superb Mk3 (petrol ) have oil consumption issue?

I know it has been a lot of issues relating to the older VW/Audi engines. Not sure if it is still an issue for the current engine.

Having to check and maybe put in some oil in the first 5,000km, or the following 10,000 km is not really an issue as all users do not drive the same. 

live in the same climates or use cars for the same types of journeys.

It is not a fault to need some oil, and petrol engines and diesel engines might well behave differently and need or not need some oil occasionally.

As to related to older engines then that might be as old as last years or the year before because VW Group sometimes turn out lemons.

Edited by Awayoffski

I'm now at 4500 miles, 1.4tsi ACT 150hp and no engine oil used. I was running in the engine as per other thread so maybe that helped....at least would like to think so.

A friend of mine, who many years ago was an apprentice mechanic in a main dealer (not Skoda), said that at the start of his apprenticeship was changing engines because they burned oil but by the end of his apprenticeship was changing engines because they didn't burn any. Don't know why but seems to be part of life on new type engines, particularly with petrols I believe.

I do understand that VAG petrol engine burns oil due to the high pressure. However, having owned an Audi A4 (2007) previously it was having really oil consumption issues.

Pretty much uses up 1L of oil every 2000km. So I pretty much have to leave a 4L bottle of oil in the trunk incase it ran out.
Both my friends that used to have the VW Tiguans (2.0L Petrol Turbo) have oil consumption issue. (approx 1L every 3000-4000km). 

Having done some research online regarding the oil consumption of the EA888 engines, it seems so far that it does not have the same issues as the previous generation engines. So would like some real users to chime in their experience. I've so far driven the car only 3500km. So still very early in the ownership to see any oil issues thus far. 

Edited by cyberkank

220TSI - no measurable oil consumption after the first 15k kilometers. I was prepared to see at least some - been carrying a bottle of Shell Helix in the trunk since day one, maybe that scared the engine from burning oil ;)

280TSI - booked in next month for its second fixed-service oil change and first major service with currently 17000 miles on the clock (27k kms). There's been no detectable drop in oil level since it was new.

1.4 TSi 150 PS. No oil used in 3,000 miles.

No surprise to me, the Seat Leon I had with the 1.4 TSi 140 PS used no oil in 27,000 miles (except when the idiot at the garage left the sump plug loose).

Its worth noting that all the 1.4 TSi engines are made by Skoda and distributed around the VAG brands. One total idiot on Honest John bought an Audi A3 1.4 TSi and when he discovered the engine was made by Skoda he wanted to reject it.