Bluefin Available

Hi

Not sure if this is a repost but I've just seen that the bluefin is available from Superchips for the Mk7 gti/Octavia 230 engines etc

I've been looking for a remap for my 230 for sometime now and this just adds to having another good option.

Thought it might be useful anyone in the same boat

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=33&fueltype=3&model=142&variant=3289

The linked power curves on that page show the stock engine doing 260bhp!!

Is that a one off anomoly of the engine they tested, or do most/all (my?) 230's put out that kind of power...

5 hours ago, xpower said:

Mines on stage 1 (220 though not 230) and it totally transforms the car,

Your diff will make better use of it though

Do you have dsg or manual?  I'm still toying with the idea but not sure if the manual clutch is going to cope.

Edited by Mallettsmallett

4 hours ago, shakeyman said:

Is that a one off anomoly of the engine they tested, or do most/all (my?) 230's put out that kind of power...

I think it's more likely that the rolling road is very optimistic.

Edited by ahenners

3 hours ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Do you have dsg or manual?  I'm still toying with the idea but not sure if the manual clutch is going to cope.

Think I've seen installation of heavy duty clutch recommended if you are going to actually use the extra power.

3 hours ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Mines a DSG and has no issues  with the power.

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

How do you find putting the extra power down?

In the dry & warm weather it's manageable (just), In anything else it's pointless. I'm selling to buy a Golf R this week hopefully, need AWD with this power & torque.

38 minutes ago, Johnski21 said:

Do you have a super chips remap?

No, I have a remap from the guys at Oscarli 

7 minutes ago, xpower said:

In the dry & warm weather it's manageable (just), In anything else it's pointless. I'm selling to buy a Golf R this week hopefully, need AWD with this power & torque.

Ooo very nice! I think the Golf R has drawn a few VRS owners on here, and a colleague at work has just got rid of his MK3 Estate for a facelift R. Lovely motor.

Putting the standard 220 down in non-dry conditions can sometimes be tricky so I'm not surprised it's worse with a remap.

On 05/07/2017 at 09:07, shakeyman said:

The ones I have seen have all shown very healthy figures stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 230 DSG remapped by Shark Performance. As standard it was putting out around 241bhp, now it's a healthy 288bhp and 467nm torque (graphs in my build thread). It's not as high as some modders claim to achieve, but driveability is excellent and I'm more than happy with the end result.

As others have said it's difficult to put the power down in the wet, but that could also have something to do with the Pirellis on the front which are pretty atrocious in anything other than warm and dry conditions.