Octavia VRS, Superb SEL or Sportline or Kodiaq

Hewey

Hi All,

Updating Company car soon, been stuck with a 62 plate Passat Sport tdi 140 for last year, after looking at all other marques I've come back to Skoda, I had a Octi VRS Tdi 12 plate as my private car 3 years ago and did like it. 

Skoda seem to give the best value but I'm unsure which one to go for. I have a budget around £33k, I will be doing a lot of miles 35-40k a year. My backs not the best and will need a DSG gearbox. Also ideally need supportive seats. God I'm getting old!!! 

My options are a heavily spec'd Octi VRS TDI DSG with Dynamic chassis, etc. etc., a Superb SEL or Sportline 190 DSG or a Kodiaq 150 DSG SEL.

Know the Kodiaq will be a completely different drive but I used to have Discovery's so do like the high driving position. 

I wonder how a Superb with Dynamic Chassis control compares to an Octavia VRS!! Not yet been able to have a test drive in any yet but just thought I'd get peoples opinions.

Been 3 years since I've been on here so good to be back!!

Look forward to your advice!!

Hewey

For comfort over a lot of miles, I'd say the Kodiaq is the best bet, especially given you have back issues!

However, it would be best if you could test drive all of the options, because some cars will suit you better than others given your requirements.

Doing that many miles and not having a back in 100% shape I would personally stay clear of the VRS.  The VRS is a harsher ride then the others.  

However, having said that I haven't yet driven a Kodaiq but I did test drive a new Tiguan before ordering and purchasing my new Superb 3 L & K.

Personally I find the Superb very comfortable, I thought the seats in the L & K were better than the seats in the SE L but found the Sportline

seats just as comfortable in the L & K, just different.  Alcantara v leather 

You need to try them all and go for a decent drive is my opinion.