Spaceback boot

I have the spacebook and dealer got these for me for free, basically same as the toledo you get plastic inserts that create cubby holes.

useful for odds and ends that you dont want sailing round the boot :) 

Those "plastic pieces" to turn into side pockets as on the Toledo.....£45 !!! from the dealer....how much from elsewhere ??

The Spaceback ones are shorter than the Toledo ones.

Part numbers required are:

5JJ 867 145  LH panel

5JJ 867 146  RH panel

5JJ 861 343A 9B9 LH front guide

5JJ 861 343B 9B9 LH rear guide

5JJ 861 344A 9B9 RH guide front

5JJ 861 344B 9B9 RH guide rear

Total cost was less than 15euro.

Get the bag hooks too while you're ordering parts.

5JJ 867 615A 9B9 bag hook : (need 2)

Edited by spiz

I should have added [for the Rapid hatch] the guides were NOT a separate item & because they were "bonded" to the side "carpet" ? The factory  fitted option inc nets is around £100 ! but the Toledo already has them fitted ? Seems the Toledo "taken all round" is the better buy ...or not ? It does seem better equipped ? Any comments ?

Edited by BACUPIAN
Toledo comparison

Yes the boot area of the Toledo is well equipped as standard, boot cubbyholes, bag hooks, cargo net and under that boot floor a more or less full size spare wheel and kit.

DSCF5858_zpsxtxtkcwzDSCF5862_zps0bqxgcft

SOMETIMES ??? Loyalty to a certain brand is NOT always the best option,but over the years have owned/purchased 8 new Seat cars ..against last 3 new, being Skoda cars....who knows next time "MIGHT" go back to a Seat ? Definitely going to "fully" compare specs & prices/deals !

Yes it was a decision I made, a new Fabia or Toledo. When you've added on all that the Toledo comes with to the price of a Fabia, which would be extras it was a no-brainer. 

There are some slots in the plastic either side of these spaces. I cut some bars (out of old Aluminium curtain track!) to fit in the slots, across the spaces, which are now used to hold topping-up oil, rolled-up hi-vis jackets, and a plastic bag to put odds and ends in while I have the caravan hooked up i.e. the covers for the towball, electric plug, and socket for the detachable ball. All nice and handy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RMurphy195 said:

There are some slots in the plastic either side of these spaces. I cut some bars (out of old Aluminium curtain track!) to fit in the slots, across the spaces, which are now used to hold topping-up oil, rolled-up hi-vis jackets, and a plastic bag to put odds and ends in while I have the caravan hooked up i.e. the covers for the towball, electric plug, and socket for the detachable ball. All nice and handy!

Nice would you be able to post a pic of ur handy work