large center bore difference on aftermarket wheels

Nathanb93

im thinking about upgrading my wheels to ATS street rallye in black

all measurements are spot on 

stoke wheels are 7jx16 with a 5x100 bolt pattern, a 46mm offset and a center bore of 57.1mm

the new wheels are 7x17, 5x100 and 45mm offset. however! the center bore size is 'up to 110mm' 

i cant find a spacer that is 57.1 to 110, but i have found a spacer that is 57.7 to 67.1 and another 67.1 to 110.

would it be safe to fit the two spacers together to get the required size?

Edited by Nathanb93

Go and have a think about what you've posted for us...

Your 110mm CB size is larger than your 5x100 PCD, so clearly it's not going to be a 110mm CB.

• Haha 1

It says "up to" - Have a look at the PCD options and you'll see the largest is 5x120 which is Holden/Ford fitment in this part of the world (Think Vauxhall VXR8 or whatever you lot call them) and they have a large CB.

Email them to be sure, but that's what my money would be on.

I did a bit of looking around on some other sites and were listed as a 63.3mm bore for 5x100 PCD and also received an email from another shop confirming this.

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Aftermarket wheels normally come with a fitting kit comprising suitable bolts and spigot rings that convert the wheel's centre bore down to that of the hub.  Check that this is included.  You might also want to consider a set of locking bolts of the same shoulder profile as the others supplied. VW are generally radiused whereas many aftermarket wheels require tapered/conical shoulders. Don't assume the fitter will point out this issue when fitting the wheels.  I've seen the original locking bolts used before and nothing said to the driver other than the normal "recheck torques soon".

• Like 1