1996 1.6 Felicia gearbox linkage play and parts

Pod56

I've recently bought and put on the road my (seventh,at least) Felicia. It's a 29,000 mile, 1.6 though. I'll try to upload images of the car and problem.

The gear linkage has play at the gearbox end. The bush and connection is different to the 1.3. I am ready to take it apart, only thing is , I have no part number (skoda or equivalent). 

So does anybody have the information or a link to parts for 1.6 linkage? Or, maybe an easy fix, if the part is unavailable.

I have loaded photos of the1.6, it's linkage and a 1.3 linkage for comparison ( the dirty one) .....Thanks Antony.

IMAG1843.jpg

IMAG2341.jpg

IMAG2370.jpg

I don't have part numbers, but the 1.6 engine and gearbox are the same as in the equivalent VW Golf 1.6. The linkage will be "a bit different" probably since I doubt the lever pivot is in the exact same position relative to the box.

Ken, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it. I have a feeling that the1.6 Golf had a different gearbox and linkage.  Any lead is a good one. Pod.

I now have an idea of which part I need. It seems to be 893711615a. See photos below. Anyone who knows where I can get one ,please let me know on the forum.

Screenshot_2017-07-20-23-32-52_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is not 1.6 exlusive linkage, it's just older type, before -97 modification.

Felicias gearboxes are all almost identical, so you can fit whole linkage from 1.3 - I think this is easiest fix. Just look for post-97 one, as some early 1.3 linkages dont have bent for antirollbar.

I can't help you with part - even in czech republic is hard to find original bushings and chinese won't last for long.