Hi! 

First of all I'm not from UK, or other English speaking country so sorry 4 my English...

I got a old but still fine working Skoda Felicia 1.3MPi from '97. I change the suspension (bit lower much "harder") add stabilizator from felicia diesel, change brake disc, put on 15' rims, now try to put body kit on it...

So the car is more "toy" made for fun than a "car" :)

Now it's looking nasty, dirty... nothing to show without finish body and paint job.

My next stage is to play with original 1.3 engine with amazing 68 horse power... so straight to the point:

I follow some topics on this site (felicia 1.8T, 1.4 16V etc.) also find a lot of photos in google witch are from this site to...

Can someone give me a hint about this:

felicia_07.jpg&key=42a6c91ce65bc5e57e083

Image it's from:

but topic is from 10 years...

My question is how to make a standard 1.3mpi engine powered by 2 fuel injector for each engine cylinder? How to get sufficient air for it?

As show on pictures original  throttle(if this is a right word) was removed so how it is changing air flow to engine when u step on gas?

Is it possible to do such a mod using standard felicia computer (chiptuning?) or is need a other control device?

How to make it work on low RPM (idle) cuz in original stepper motor is part of "throttle device"?

I know my questions are stupid, probably ask wrong way, use wrong words etc. 

I found a lot of info about "sport" camshaft (easy to buy in Czech Republic) and other engine mods but this fuel injectors system is a mystery to me...

Any advice, article, post will be a big help to understand how it works in org Skoda Felici KitCar :)

swiezo_po_robocie_by_pikadarkstar-dan3qj

kitcar

work in progress photo of my felicia ;) 

6 hours ago, FeliciaKitCar said:

But do not make me a bit closer to find answers for my questions ;)

Really? How about TURBO as an answer to "I need sufficient air in the engine"? How about showing you that you can't get much from the original 1.3 l engine? You need stronger head, crankshaft, pistons, etc. I thought you'll get my point without writing many paragraphs.

but i'm interested in how it was make in org KitCar not how to swap engine...

My main question is about double full intake system based on org KitCar 

I need air to make it run with double fuel injectors and do not know how air flow is "operated" in kitcar due to a fact org part(responsible for it) are removed and unfortunately i do not have Skoda Motorsport Felicia kit car to look how its made :(

Sorry maybe i do not say it clear enough - my mistake.

In amateur racing (in my country) when u add turbo to you engine is classified as much more ccm so 1.3Turbo(G40) is not 1.3 but 1.3 x1.7 =about 2210ccm = means run with lancer and subaru ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I run a 278 degree Engitec cam from the Czech republic in my Felicia 1.3 MPI. It has around 80 BHP and runs with all of  the original multipoint injection manifold and parts, but I have added a conical air intake filter. My Car also has a custom tuned exhaust that helps deliver the peak power between 4000 and 5500 RPM. The performance can be increased even more, but that requires a different ECU and wiring; A kit for that here in England costs around £600!, so I cannot justify spending that amount for extra power in my car which is worth £800ish. I'm going to test the actual power on a rolling road in September, so I will let you know my BHP figure.

• Thanks 1

It depends upon which set of wheels I have fitted; I have a set of 15" Citigo wheels fitted, which have a bigger rolling radius than standard, and I can get 36MPG around town. With the standard wheels its more like 32MPG. On the motorway if I can keep off of the loud pedal I can get 45MPG ish.

• 4 years later...

Well it turned out that the camshaft massively improved the torque of the engine, but only gained 6 Bhp: so I went back to the drawing board for the exhaust to take advantage of the torque instead. 

On 12/12/2021 at 15:47, Favorit Fan said:

Well it turned out that the camshaft massively improved the torque of the engine, but only gained 6 Bhp: so I went back to the drawing board for the exhaust to take advantage of the torque instead. 

I don't want to self promote but sending me a pm regarding the exhaust could save you some hassle.

11 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

From the back of the catalyst till the end isn't the same?

Yes it should be, so tail pipe that is. 

I recently calculated for a fellow member's favorit in a 421 config and I came up with 45mm.

For a performance orientated exhaust that is. 

Proper size is 42mm for normal driving. 

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

From the exhaust manifold till the end mine are 45mm, some new drivers ask or believe some others from tuning magazines and put 48mm which is wrong.

Soon they discover their mistake but it's too late, they lost money plus HP.

31 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Could be depending on rpm targets and cam specs

I change them before 2 years ago, the previous had some not so good curves and the diameter was 48mm so the new technician told me that he would make me a new set at 45mm.

28 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I change them before 2 years ago, the previous had some not so good curves and the diameter was 48mm so the new technician told me that he would make me a new set at 45mm.

Why do people keep putting ridiculously oversised exhausts in car

2 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Why do people keep putting ridiculously oversised exhausts in car

They are metal workers ''by experience" and not Mechanical Engineers, you are not present when they work thus the diameter isn't proper, the welding work is not good etc.

When you discover the mistake? On the road (poor performance, high fuel consumption) and when you lift the car for other cause and you see what they have done.