Retrofit height adjustable passenger seat

Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the height adjustable passenger seat for rapid space back not sure it it matters but I have the sport edition 

if it can be retrofit is it possible to do this myself? Or would I need a garage ? 

I wanted to have it initially but it was a choice of have the passenger seat adjustable and get 17 plate or get one that had like 95% of what I wanted for 2000 less avoid the road tax change 

might not be much to people but aging grandparents and parents get picked up frequently and the spaceback sport has pretty low seats in stock configuration so want to make life a little easier for the if at all possible without breaking the bank

cheers for your help guys

Aye your right I should have just stuck with it but for the sake of a few small items I got the car I more or less wanted the way I wanted it for a nice chunk lower so the trade off was good imo 

I figured if I could get the parts I would just do it myself might just have to ring round a few scrappers I guess and see if I can get lucky 

2 months after I bought mine they put out an upgraded interior which I so wanted, but the seats were around £900, let alone the door cards and dash pieces.

3 1/2 years later I'm trading it for one with the better interior.

You can swap out the lower seat frame to one with adjustment. 

Find a LH adjustable seat from a Rapid or Toledo and fit your seat upper and lower cushion.

p/n of seat frame with seat adjustment is 6RA881105D

(still need lever/handle etc. if bought bare)

Here's one:

http://www.audivw24.co.uk/product-eng-12534-ARMCHAIR-SEAT-TOLEDO-IV-2011-6RA881105D.html

• Like 1

I was thinking that i migh be able to get away wih buying a lower seat portion only downside is i have the sports seats on my rapid just to make my life difficult ha

14 hours ago, Northy91 said:

I was thinking that i migh be able to get away wih buying a lower seat portion only downside is i have the sports seats on my rapid just to make my life difficult ha

You could. Swapping the cushion & fitting your upper half is easier than a lot of other mods!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I've encountered exactly the same situation... bought the best used version available but could do with hight adjustable passenger seat. there doesn't seem many rapid spacebacks at breakers yards and not many with height adjustable seats. 

Unfortunately no I did not. 

I have only seen 2 seats one on eBay and the other was at local breakers but it was banged up and cracked so didn't bother...

Still on the lookout unfortunately

I will be on the look out but I doubt I will do anything about it in the near future because of how infrequently they come up and cost. 

If I make any progress I'll let you know. 

Although both SEAT versions (built at Skoda) came with height adjust pax seats, I do have to ask Why not SKodas? - Simply Clever?

I don't like adjustable pax seats though. My mum sets hers really high, so I bang me head every time I try to get in their Lexus!

Edited by camelspyyder

Hi camelspyyder,

do you think that a seat version will just bolt in place and I could swap the seat pads onto the base? Would a standard rapid seat be interchangeable as we?

for me it’s quite specific. My wife has a dissyness issue (brought on by all sorts) and the current seating position is resulting in glare from the dash to the window at eye level effecting how she feels. At the minute she’s trying to avoid looking out at that angle but a height adjustable seat would just sort it out. It’s one of those things we didn’t think to check for as it’s not beeen an issue before.

im sure we will work around it but as it’s the main car we want to be 100% happy with it as we are in every other way.

hope that explains it

For me, the issue is when transporting a relative that wasn't an issue whilst buying the car. 

The mother in law has rheumatoid arthritis so the car being low down affects her getting in and out. 

• 2 months later...

Yes you can. I wanted a Spaceback with passenger height adjustment, I contacted DM Keith Bradford and they quoted me a price when looking at a used model. It was about £200 I think. Just need my parents to go and sit in one !