2 months in - the good, the bad and the ugly

On 8/3/2017 at 16:33, Bignij said:

Although I didn't have ACC on mine it has got the front assist. Mine had a failure in the first week. Cured by wiping the bloomin' thing. No more problems since. I found the Sat Nav irritating. I haven't used it since coming back from Devon but whilst there the 'quickest' routes certainly weren't. The Eco routes were generally the best, however that may be due to the fact that the 60 mph back roads are barely wide enough to get the Kodiaq down. You'd have to be a nutjob to try and go down them at 60mph.

I had an issue with mine again yesterday morning in Liverpool. I actually saw the leaf floating down that hit the sensor and set the alarm off. started me thinking about autumn driving when there's a lot more leaves around. :blush:

10 hours ago, Bignij said:

I had an issue with mine again yesterday morning in Liverpool. I actually saw the leaf floating down that hit the sensor and set the alarm off. started me thinking about autumn driving when there's a lot more leaves around. :blush:

So the issue is that the radar sensor field of view was obstructed - what do you expect the car to do in those circumstances differently to what it actually did?

A crisp packet made my car do an emergency stop. Honest.

2 hours ago, andyvee said:

So the issue is that the radar sensor field of view was obstructed - what do you expect the car to do in those circumstances differently to what it actually did?

A crisp packet made my car do an emergency stop. Honest.

I didn't expect it to do anything else other than what it did. I was merely relating my experience to highlight the fact that the system works, albeit a little too well at times. :biggrin:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bignij said:

I didn't expect it to do anything else other than what it did. I was merely relating my experience to highlight the fact that the system works, albeit a little too well at times. :biggrin:

Good, too many people see things like this as a 'fault' when the system is working exactly as designed

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/08/2017 at 14:04, Gizmo said:

Was the radar cover actually dirty though? 

You will I'll probably find the gutless engine is actually down to the EU6 software which makes the throttle pedal very unresponsive, 

a 'pedal box' will cure this

(I agree you shouldn't have to, but why let £180 come on the way of enjoying the car?)

On 03/08/2017 at 14:04, Gizmo said:

Was the radar cover actually dirty though? 

You will I'll probably find the gutless engine is actually down to the EU6 software which makes the throttle pedal very unresponsive, 

a 'pedal box' will cure this

(I agree you shouldn't have to, but why let £180 come on the way of enjoying the car?)

Whats a "pedal box"?

10 hours ago, freedie said:

A pedal box is a device that if you’ve got it’s “absolutely must have”; but if you haven’t got one you wonder why there is a huge flat spot when putting your foot down...

FTFY :thumbup:

• Like 1