2018 facelift , what are you expecting / hoping for ?

4 hours ago, skodaTDI said:

what's with the cut-out in the spoiler?

and I see the rear-camera hasn't been moved from the handle position.. utterly stupid..

I don't like the rear lights any more.. the black outline is better on the current Mk3.. this revision makes them look naff..

All the Montes ( incl. current models ) have that spoiler cut-out - presume it improves visibility of the Hi-Level brake light for suvs and vans and trucks and things. Other models have the shorter spoiler, and don't need the cut-out.

Why is the camera in the handle body stupid ?  

To me, it makes sense to utilise an existing panel cutout and incorporate the camera into an item that is really just a micro-switch, rather than an old-fashioned mechanical handle.

Edited by Dithane

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be holding its own or better than the competition, where it once was imo with the vRS mk2

Why can't Skoda at least get the UpGTi engine from VW to at least give it a bit more power and torque.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/104928/skoda-fabia-vs-ford-fiesta-vs-citroen-c3

Skoda Fabia vs Ford Fiesta vs Citroen C3 - Header

Edited by vrskeith

Because it would compete too well with other VAG models and mess with their financial figures?

Edited by RickW

Comments in the linked Autoexpress from a year ago.  EDIT , Doh seem not to be, bang up to date unlike Skoda cars....

The new Skoda Scala will surely have a good engine choice.

They have had plenty of time to get the car right, all the gear, all the engine choices, basic to premium at good value prices.

Good A/C and Heating, no steamy windows or water leaks, 

good handling, braking and economy, and no gawdy or god awful interiors.

No show with no go either.  

Edited by Offski

On 18/10/2018 at 12:50, vrskeith said:

Why can't Skoda at least get the UpGTi engine from VW

Is this not just the same engine with a different map? If it is then Skoda need a proper petrol head in the Fabia tuning area, not granny gum drops who used to work at the Co-op

15 minutes ago, James777 said:

Is this not just the same engine with a different map? If it is then Skoda need a proper petrol head in the Fabia tuning area, not granny gum drops who used to work at the Co-op

I believe in an article I read, it said that the VW R Power plant Engineers have done some re-engineering,strengthening on specific  components and that it is not just a remapping exercise. that many tuners are now offering for UPs ,Citigos or Seat Mii. I will try and find it and post when found, think it may have been to journos at  launch giving some technical outline.

Article Autocar July 2018

" Developed in a joint project between Volkswagen’s regular road car department and its high performance R division, the Up GTI was described as being very much in the spirit of the original Golf GTI of 1976, with an upgraded engine, greater downforce at the rear and revised suspension, all claimed to give it much higher levels of outright performance and handling."

Edited by vrskeith