2018 facelift , what are you expecting / hoping for ?

I am expecting : New front bumper and fog light design 

Revised headlights and grill

New rear bumper 

Revised rear lights with LED technology 

I am hoping for : Some new colours and alloy wheel designs

Larger flush fitting touch screen 

LED headlights 

Centre fascia trim extending onto top of door cards

Lighter interior trim combinations available 

Higher trim level than SEL ( or a boost to standard SEL spec )

More powerful petrol engine ( can't see higher power diesel coming )

And finally VRS ! ( although realistically can't see this ever happening )

Introduced and available to buy / collect in 2018 would be nice not just teasing pics and CARWOW / Auto Express images for a reveal in late 2018 and available 2019.

A 1.5 TSI DSG Hatch & Estate would be nice.

• Like 1

What @Race Blue@malcster and @Awayoffski say....

plus  ...

Change the headlights - so the damn bulbs can be changed more easily, pretty please .... or as Race Blue requests .. be done with it and just go ahead and make them all LED. Proper LED. Don't skimp.

A decent horn would be cool - even if "just" on the ones above Base spec. 

Dammit - if Denmark can have them ..... The Vikings got one over on us before. And they had two horns too. Please, not again Skoda. Don't you know our history?

Lower the suspension a bit - they really don't need to look like a Tiguan. I just want it to look like a car. 

( Oh, and for those ordering a Monte: 

Please put the sports suspension on the Monte Carlo already - without having to ask for it. Dammit, it's a Monte. Seeing as you won't give us a vRS )

Drop Kessy as standard on the Style (SEL) - make it an option. I like it sometimes - but overall, I can do without. I just want the proper alarm on its own. I don't want full KESSY with it. Particularly the keyless-start part of it. That flippin delay drives me nuts. Anyway, I want somewhere to hang my keys while I'm driving.

Sort the front foglights, please. If you do a front bumper revision, as Race Blue asks - make sure the foglights actually do something in the fog.  I grew up with a pair of Bosch Pilots. These things though .... what ARE they?  Jewellery/bling for the front bumper because you couldn't think of anything else. Bosch Pilots guys, come on. Or call in Cibié. I don't care. If you offer foglights, make them work.

As for the cornering foglight function. Please.......   Don't even ask.  €124 as an option?  ( and on the Irish configurator - it's €371 as an option on the Monte !! Hello. ) 

As useful ...  as an ashtray .... on a motorbike.  They. Do. Nothing.  OK. I'm exaggerating. Almost nothing.

Fix the "Simply Clever" stuff for the boot - the "Hoop" especially,  and make it work with the Variable Boot Floor .. AND the rubber mat. Grrrrr....

The delay on the front windscreen washers ...  Please sort it.  ( the dealer service-person said it was because it was a pressurised system. How the hell else is the water to find it's from a bottle in the front bumper to the damn windscreen - and why does it get to back window faster ??!!)

Other than that .... the car is fine ......

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Noise cancelling button - cancels all detected naggiung

(The only reason I put an intercom on my motorbike was because it had a mute button)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S00perb said:

Noise cancelling button - cancels all detected naggiung

(The only reason I put an intercom on my motorbike was because it had a mute button)

Ever tried earplugs? :-)

The design from the '18 Suberb will trickle down to the '19 Fab. 

Remember where you read it first.  :-D

1 minute ago, pfaff said:

Ever tried earplugs? :-)

Always give them to the groom as a wedding prezzy - for a long and happy marriage

• Haha 2

If you are really good then in 2019 Santa might bring a 1.5TSI ACT / DSG /Light Hybrid Combi with rear wheel drive from electric motors.

• Like 1

I would like on TDi models - but it will never happen because Skoda now treat car buyers really crap compared to when they launched on the market years ago:

* 1 touch closing on all electric windows as standard (not just drivers window).

* folding rear seats as per Mk1.

* air con to be directed into the glove box like Mk1 - to keep a sandwich cool on a long drive on a sunny day.

* return of the coke can air-conditioned holder from the Mk1.

* on pressing the start button (SEL) the touch-screen should ask for a 4 or 6-digit pin code for extra security before engine start-up.

* removal of the DPF (as it's sh!t i.e. it wrecks fuel econonmy)

* return to a non-electical water pump - given all the failures we've had to endure.

* voice activation as standard

* full-size spare wheel as standard

* 100,000 mile / 5 year warranty as standard

* 0% finance as standard

* one touch button for switching on and off of ABS/ASR rather than through the touch-screen menu.

* when you switch on the headlights, the headlight indicator on the dial is illuminated. (cheap skates for removing it!).

* the auto brightening/dimming of the dashboard to be able to be disabled by the touchscreen - as it's really annoying!

* sat-nav with traffic data as standard

* heated seats and heated mirrors/electrically operated as standard (as per Mk1 SEL)

* heated front windscreen as an option

* sports steering wheel with controls as standard

* rear view parking camera better positioned, i.e. not in the boot handle.

* two-tone car horn like the Mk1.

* no rattles from any plastics!

* better soundproofing

* better air filtration

* better support and more updates for the ICE systems

* cheaper price!

* return to swivel headrests for driver and passenger rather than fixed

* give us back the string net under the parcel-shelf in the boot like on the Mk1.. it was really useful!

* and when there's a problem with the car like potential overheating of the engine, then make a bloody effort to contact your customers, instead of letting them drive around, panic and potentially damage the car! 

..and probably a lot, lot more..

Edited by skodaTDI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, James777 said:

Well I found this pic. Is this the future!? I like the finally adopted exhaust exits similar to SEAT and in general the new shape.....looks bigger though.

Looks like a SEAT crossed with a BMW 1 Series 

If the new Head of Design is allowed to drop the Origami folds that are the current (new) design styling of the rears that would not be a bad thing, 

unlikely though.

Looks like the future is Bright and the future is Orange,

just no vRS Fabia in the Future, just look warm hatches, show and no go if they get twin exhaust outlets one will be faux.

Edited by Headinawayoffski