Sprints and Hillclimbs

S27VEJ

Has anyone on here used a mk2 Fabia VRS for Sprints and Hillclimbs?

im seriously considering some soon but I'm a bit unsure of the DSG box. 

I just get the impression that it will be really flat out of corners and I don't know if been in sport mode or use of the paddles will be better. 

Any tips to advice would be appreciated 

Ta

• 1 month later...

I'll bite as no-one else has! As you can see I've not driven on a track so this is based on what I was thinking I would do with my car starting out on a track.

Personally, I was thinking I'd use sport mode rather than the paddles to start with so I can learn the track or course without having to worry about the paddles. I would focus on getting the line around the course right, then worry about gearing because I think you'll lose more time getting the wrong line that you will with sport mode handling the gears. S on the 3.6 v6 keeps the car nicely into the torque band and never drops out of it, even if you're sat at 70 so I think it'd be quite effective.

I personally also find the paddles can be quite awkward to use when you're turning fairly tightly for some reason. I think some extensions to the paddles would solve that though.

Cheers,

Steve

I have drives a vRS Twincharger @ Sprints, Hillclimbs and 1/4 Miles.

I prefer 'D' for launches and not 'S', but 'S' for decelerating, if not using the stick to shift to shift through the gears, just back to 'S' and then 'D' again for upshifts.,  it depends how you are with the paddles if changing manually,

TC off, use the Hand Brake at the start of a hillclimb or sprint & not the foot brake if you can do that.

Brake to throttle has a hesitation, hand brake off and boot it not.

(S too slow revving the nuts off it going up the gear and no faster, but then try that out lots practicing and decide, you can not roll it any obviously, so 'D' usually works with TC off best.)

If you use a handbrake then maybe make it a fly off handbrake.

Look at if you want to change the XDS from Factory Setting to having less interference or disable totally.

Neither a Sprint or a Hillclimb but this vid shows two different styles.

Her slower start is likely the foot on foot brake and in 'S'.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply George.

I'm competing in a sprint this Sunday @ Cadwell Park so we shall see what it goes like!

ill try the handbrake tonight on a few practice starts!

I really could do with the XDS changing anyway, so ill see what happens Sunday as it is...