felicia head swap ??

hi all first post on here just bought a 120l 

i know the felicia 1.3 has an alu head was wondering whether that could be put onto my 1.2 block without too much of a headache, and would that make a big difference to the head gasket problem if both head and block were alu, i know i would need the manifolds but apart from that not too shure 

will get some photos and a thread up about mine 

Fresh Paint-2017.08.04-04.14.21 (2).jpg

No you can't fit the 136 head - the bolt spacings are completely different and the liners are also differently spaced on the 120 block. The 136 suffered just as badly from head gasket problems - the heads warp instead of cracking like on the 5 port engines. If you have a healthy 120 engine that is properly maintained then you shouldn't suffer regular HG problems. The heads often need skimmed, and sometimes the liners can sink and need thicker shims. 

thanks for the info most useful for me as a new owner I think mine the hg is on its way out possibly how ever it doses keep over heating bought a new rad and other stuff to go with it  like thomostat and water pump and a oil cooler so hopefully won't keep over heating 

You shouldn't need an oil cooler and the water pumps are pretty bomb proof. The thermostats sometimes stick but most of the time it is the HG in my experience. They tend not to suddenly blow but gently go wrong. Fix it before it goes or you might crack the head and then it is scrap