Citigo 2014

HM1975

Just bought a Skoda Citigo 2014 for the wife, is it possible to retrofit and updated radio. Noticed at the dealer they had a new Citigo but not sure if new stereos fit older cars.

What would fit in a July 2014 model.

>is it possible to retrofit and updated radio

Yes.  But you will need a replacement fascia panel (see below) to accept a standard radio fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-Fascia-for-SKODA-Citigo-VOLKSWAGEN-SEAT-Mii-Facia-Panel-Trim-Plate-Kit-UK-/122347640815?hash=item1c7c7cd7ef:g:5CUAAOSwofxUeCQg

You may need to alter the factory rear harness wiring connectors, but conversion to your radio of choice should be straightforward.  However, you need to consider the CD player, aux. input and telephone signals; plus any connections through to the portable infotainment device (PID) unit (if fitted).  The standard radio (factory designated RCD 215) has 5 inputs; for the speakers (8-pin), aerial, power feed (8-pin), CD/aux and telephone (both 12-pin).

I've done a few, and occasionally there can be clearance problems to get everything to fit snugly dependent on the physical size of the harness connectors.  Similarly some radios have a heat sink on the rear which makes for a deeper unit.

To remove the standard radio unit you need to pull off the recirc' lever knob. Gently prise off the upper radio cover surrounding the six electrical switches.  Under here are 4 screws, take these out.  Then you need 2 radio keys to remove the complete surround which you will be replacing.

Snaefell

Just bought 2014 citigo sport for Mrs as well. So far very impressed with this little car. 

Would like to ask without starting new thread (if op doesn't mind). If i puchase skoda Garmin navigation to add to car, will it be just plug and play? Will it have bluetooth as well? 

Thanks

Edited by bakili

On 15/08/2017 at 14:55, bakili said:

Just bought 2014 citigo sport for Mrs as well. So far very impressed with this little car. 

Would like to ask without starting new thread (if op doesn't mind). If i puchase skoda Garmin navigation to add to car, will it be just plug and play? Will it have bluetooth as well? 

Thanks

Pretty much yeah. They're easy to use but Bluetooth does often cause afew problems with transmission between phone and car. Seems to be depending on the phone you use. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2017 at 23:18, Snaefell said:

>is it possible to retrofit and updated radio

Yes.  But you will need a replacement fascia panel (see below) to accept a standard radio fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-Fascia-for-SKODA-Citigo-VOLKSWAGEN-SEAT-Mii-Facia-Panel-Trim-Plate-Kit-UK-/122347640815?hash=item1c7c7cd7ef:g:5CUAAOSwofxUeCQg

You may need to alter the factory rear harness wiring connectors, but conversion to your radio of choice should be straightforward.  However, you need to consider the CD player, aux. input and telephone signals; plus any connections through to the portable infotainment device (PID) unit (if fitted).  The standard radio (factory designated RCD 215) has 5 inputs; for the speakers (8-pin), aerial, power feed (8-pin), CD/aux and telephone (both 12-pin).

I've done a few, and occasionally there can be clearance problems to get everything to fit snugly dependent on the physical size of the harness connectors.  Similarly some radios have a heat sink on the rear which makes for a deeper unit.

To remove the standard radio unit you need to pull off the recirc' lever knob. Gently prise off the upper radio cover surrounding the six electrical switches.  Under here are 4 screws, take these out.  Then you need 2 radio keys to remove the complete surround which you will be replacing.

Snaefell

Just to clarify, I was talking about retrofitting a 2017 face-lift head unit not replacing with a fascia panel and standard radio fit.

I had a courtesy car today which was a 2017 Citigo, the stereo is so much better.

5 minutes ago, HM1975 said:

I had a courtesy car today which was a 2017 Citigo, the stereo is so much better.

It might not necessarily be the head unit, how many speakers in your wife's car? 

Most Citigo's are only 2 speakers, the courtesy car might have 6.

Our pre facelift car has the 6 speaker option and is much better than a 2 speaker car.

Just a thought.

More than likely possible but at what cost? Dread to think what they will charge for it. I have a 14 too n like new look radio too but think I rather spend money elsewhere.  I have the 6 speaker setup so am quite happy overall.