Window Elevator Cracked

Hi! Felicia 1.9D 1999 here.  So i have a problem with my window elevator from the driver's side, or better yet, a lack of window elevator. It had a problem when I bought it, so they took it out and the guy who sold me the car managed to get another one free of charge. The problem is, the plastic tubes are cracked. So i went to a place (i don't know how it's called in english) that sell used parts from cars and i bought another one. When opened the driver's door i saw that it didn't fit -.- , the motor fits but the arms(metalic ones) don't have a place in the door to screw them.

Please help. Does the last elevator really works? I'm going there to complain.

Can i melt the plastic together of the first one? What can i do

IMG_20170812_202044.jpg

IMG_20170812_202101.jpg

IMG_20170812_202119.jpg

Edited by Guimak

It is obvious you got a window lifter for another car model. So you can't expect the fasteners to match.

As for repairing the old, cracked plastic tube, forget it. It would be a botched job and the plastic will break again being old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That steel lifter looks like (very rare) pre-facelift version - it should fit, maybe you tried to fit it in wrong orientation? Anyway, if you'll be able to fit it, you'll face another problem - pre-facelift lifters don't have built-in control unit, so they need to be wired differently. But you can make relay box to make them work with original wiring.

However, it is possible to repair plastic ones, it just needs some creativity:

From your photos, it seems that someone already tried easiest method with those metal clips - tiying one or two clips to one side and connect it with other side of motor with some wire can hold tube together for some time.

Then there is more difficult attempt - repair snapped tube with tube from mechanical lifter. These are from softer plastic with larger diameter, so they will less likely to snap. You can look on this tutorial on czech site to get idea:

http://www.feliciaklub.cz/navody/oprava-elektrickeho-stahovani-okna.html

I used this method with some modifications few years ago in both lifters and so far it works flawlessly :) Hope this will help