No Service history?

S00perb

Looking at buying a 2014 L&K but the car dealer has NO servoce history to go with it. The service book has been lost

Can I get a histpry from skoda themselves

Did the person at the Dealership not mention that no Service Book was issued when the car was new,  so not lost.  

Why do salespeople guess, make things up & not try and find these things out ?

Or was this not at a Skoda Main Dealership?

If not a Main Dealers, then Skoda UK Customer Services or a Main Dealer can tell you all they know.

If it was at a Skoda Main Dealership the person could have gone to the Service Desk, asked someone with a clue to check the Computer and call up the Service & Service Campaign /Warranty History, 

and printed out for you.

Only the Service Details done at main Dealers might show, or done at Independents with the Gear an Idea and a Licence might show.

PS

The Dealer will know how many previous Registered Keepers shows, but even if only 1, that does not mean only 1 person or company had it, 

so check out as best you can the cars history from First Registration and over the next 3 years.

Edited by Awayoffski

Very sorry - omited to state the car is not being sold by a skoda dealer. SO they probably didn't know what you (and now we) know.

My Elegance (2011) came with a service log book - I think it has some vital bits of info in it, like key numbers and reset codes and service requirements - oh no - don't say I need to ask the forum for cam belt change details!! ;L)

How many miles has the car done?

Budget in for a Replacement Water Pump / Belt being paid for by yourself & a Major Service when you get the car since you will not know how it has been driven and the Dealership does not know the Service History.

Brake Fluid Change also due @ 3 years, then every 2.

If it has a DSG 6 speed a Oil/ Filter Service of that at 40,000 miles.

(when Haldex with AWD's same thing)

Edited by Awayoffski

2 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

How many miles has the car done?

Budget in for a Replacement Water Pump / Belt being paid for by yourself & a Major Service when you get the car since you will not know how it has been driven and the Dealership does not know the Service History.

68k.

I will contact skoda tomorrow and see if they can tell me anything

• Like 1

Skoda knew of one other service - the 20k one

SO it isa just missing the 40k - I am guessing it had it at a private garage.

Skoda has told me the cambelt is due at 140k or 5 years

• 2 weeks later...