Another Octavia VRS Mk1

Skoda_Saint

It's been a while so thought I'd do a mini update, firstly passed the 180k mark!!

Still being used daily and when driven carefully I can get high 30s low 40s mpg on my commute so not too shabby. Did manage a low 50s when going a long drive up north but that vanished as soon as I came out of the 50mph zone and went down to a still respectable 48mpg. 

N/S/F wheel bearing replaced fooked and both front engine mounts as precautionary as I thought I might have had the O/S/F driveshaft going and wanted to ensure that it wasn't the mounts causing it. New N/S/R caliper to fit, new braided lines and new fluid to fit as one of the jobs to do. 

Also my exhaust decided to separate from the backbox so another second hand exhaust was sourced and now due to be fitted. I'll probably give that a good clean up before fitting as well. 

Next on my list of mods is fitting some coilovers and adjustable drop links as I've not been overly impressed with the B4 and HR springs, probably a damper thing as the HR are rated but decided to go a different route now.

Finally finished dying the front seats and drivers door card so I've now a completely red interior that looks great IMO. I'll grab some photos up of it at the weekend to show it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not many updates since before, put some TD 1.2 alloys in black on it with some PS4 tyres which have sharpened the grip level considerably IMO. Still have a slight blow in the exhaust join as it didn't join properly so I'll most likely have to go to a custom exhaust company in order to resolve that issue. (A friend is going to try and fix my old exhaust but as that was a cat back and this is turbo back made sense to upgrade).

Next work is to fit the coilovers I have hanging around in order to make it handle that bit better and I may try to fit a FMIC with BAM pipework soon. A new fuel pump may be ordered in order to plug that potential problem later on and then I can go for stage 2 map... which should be fun.