Fog light surrounds

minio

Guys and gals...

I have seen the topics about the fog lights and although I know how to remove them and how to access them I have a problem.

The plastic ring that surrounds it and to which the light is mounted to become unstuck from the bumper. The unit (light and the ring) holds together but no matter what I do it is falling of the bumper. I just bought a set of plastic trim rivets but just before I will drill holes in my bumper I came here for help...

Headlamp%20incl.%20daylight%20with%20fog

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Hi there

I don't have any pic on hand. I have glued it back at least couple of times already. There was some double sided foam tape there if I remember correctly (but I'm not entirely sure).

thanks

6 hours ago, minio said:

Hi there

I don't have any pic on hand. I have glued it back at least couple of times already. There was some double sided foam tape there if I remember correctly (but I'm not entirely sure).

thanks

Odd, was it secondhand and is it still under warranty? 

It looks like they are glued in place. I do recall seeing that sticky double sided foam tape. 

;(

I don't think I have enough patience left in me to remove the bumper to glue them in properly... 

The first time round I did it on a lift and it still came off...

IMG_0644.PNG

IMG_0645.PNG

• Thanks 1

I would be very surprised if the fog light bezels are fixed into the bumper moulding with adhesive tape at the factory. These assemblies are normally clipped together or staked using a heat gun to melt the stakes.

I suspect that a previous owner has had a low speed impact that has broken the clips or stakes that hold it in place.

An industrial sealant/adhesive would effect a permanent repair here. A few years ago TigerSeal would have been the obvious choice but nowadays EverBuild Stixall would be just as good, if not better, and is available in black, white, grey, brown or clear. You will probably need a caulking gun but they are only a couple of quid from somewhere like Wilkos.

ETA - Stixall is also available in an 80ml squeezable tube in black, white or clear. 

http://www.everbuild.co.uk/stixall-easi-squeeze

Edited by ronime

55 minutes ago, ronime said:

I would be very surprised if the fog light bezels are fixed into the bumper moulding with adhesive tape at the factory. These assemblies are normally clipped together or staked using a heat gun to melt the stakes.

I suspect that a previous owner has had a low speed impact that has broken the clips or stakes that hold it in place.

An industrial sealant/adhesive would effect a permanent repair here. A few years ago TigerSeal would have been the obvious choice but nowadays EverBuild Stixall would be just as good, if not better, and is available in black, white, grey, brown or clear. You will probably need a caulking gun but they are only a couple of quid from somewhere like Wilkos.

ETA - Stixall is also available in an 80ml squeezable tube in black, white or clear. 

http://www.everbuild.co.uk/stixall-easi-squeeze

I'm not sure a low speed impact would knock it loose though? Unless poor fitting from factory, mine stayed intact after plowing into a deer at 50

Boom, think I've sussed it, its surprisingly held on with tape (3m by the looks of things) my suggestion, is buy a brand new one (confirm it comes with the tape, which it should), clean the hell out of the area it has to stick too and then stick it on, clamp it for 24hrs then hopefully it will be good.

Here's the part number(s)

1ST807261 (Passenger side)

1ST807262 (Drivers side)

Couple of photos too of what seem to be new ones -

0100745_000-094-017-001-93ac2bed-79a5-4230-937a-5e3c4bff8794.jpeg

0100746_000-094-017-002-193e3aa6-a9b0-4eae-b8ef-6e05fd7a3f1c.jpeg

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Skoda-Citigo-Stosstangenabdeckung-Klammer-Frontlampe-NEU-original-1ST807261-F0-/302006768905?hash=item4651019509:g:cfcAAOSwOVpXfU~r I have no idea if this is the correct side!

• Like 1

Nice one, David! :thumbup:

Didn't realise that the bezel was in two parts and that it was the one behind the bumper that was the issue. A bit dismayed that the fog lamp essentially relies on a bit of 3M tape to keep it all in place. :(

3M VHB tape is good stuff but quite expensive. Still, at £20-ish for a new Skoda part I would be tempted to have a go with some VHB tape or Everbuild Powerful Grip tape.

That part number is for the left hand side according to this ETKA page: 

http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/CIT/year/2014/drive_standart/727/hg_ug/807/subcategory/807000/part_id/2540255/lang/e#sec_6

1ST807262 is the part number for the right hand side.

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1