Sums it up really......

RainbowFire

With so much doom and gloom someone needs to be positive.

On the cyclist and driver education I do think this should be done and the sooner the better. For the cyclist it could be a case of anyone going to buy a new bike should be able to provide a certificate in their name. No certificate, no bike. It won't cover everyone but it's a start. 

• Like 1

George so negative :sadsmile: If there was a system then you could have an initial period to register all your bikes. I have two bikes and if either got stolen I would like a register to help return the bike to me instead of the current system which seems to be we'll give you crime number and you can report it to your insurance company who will give a fraction of what it is worth because it wasn't named on the policy. 

Don't flame me, it's only wishful thinking. 

CWARD, the scheme in my area and many other areas which has Road Shows and Stalls at Events with Post Coding of Bikes, Registering them, 

Smart Water / Micro Dotting etc.  There are ones happening this weekend, there have been for decades, 

and the result being...... Not much.

Yeah had the tagging on previous bike which got stolen and got a crime number and £500 back on the insurance. Not bad for an £1100 bike:devil:

learnt the lesson on insurance and everything is named now. Don't bother with the tagging unless it's free. 

UV pens are a waste of time too as it wears off and any that doesn't is soon gone with a bit of alcohol. 

Big chains and locks are best but the good ones are too heavy to carry. 

Something needs to be done. Yonks ago some politicians came up with a great idea - a lower level of Police to deal with dog & cycle problems =PCSO. Sadly due to cutbacks, most PCSO are now doing Police duties.

Flash back to today- side street cluttered with parked cars on both sides. I'd noticed this bloke on bike earlier on pavement ,texting with no hands on handlebars, and as I turned left, made sure he /it was not close. As I drove down a congested street, I stopped as a car was parking. I'd moved on a bit and then another appeared, so I stopped, with little room on both sides. Bloke on bike sailed by on my offside giving me a finger, knowing there's little that could/would be done to pick him up.

But had he had some ID on the bike, I'd have a dashcam of the individual.

Edited by VWD

Yes indeed, max 15.5 mph or so assist in the UK on the public highway, unless you change setting, maybe leaving it as 'Offroad', or reset for some other 'World Region' or just tweak the 'speed limiter'.  

Vorsprung durch technik.

Chris Grayling MP or Boris Johnson MP will maybe have to threaten Google / Youtube they have 2 hours to take down vids.

Then get on with having the Police crack down on those breaking the law / passing legislation for after BREXIT on Imports etc.

Get the Police trained up on what is what and how to spot it.

*Maybe the England / Wales / Scotland part of the UK will need to adopt the Northern Ireland Laws.*

Maybe get onto the 50cc Moped Laws as well, and De-restricting of any powered motorcycles.

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1

Ah, so easy that you do not even have to be 14 year old to change the wheel circumference setting, 

but then obviously that would make it illegal as any Police Officer would know after taking your phone and investigation it, which they might well do if you were in an accident, and then they are allowed under the law to unlock it, or are capable of doing that.

DSCN3202.JPG

8 hours ago, CWARD said:

These type of bikes are blurring the lines between a motorbike and a bicycle, especially with speeds of 50mph.

And yet, it's still a typical Audi driver - Handling vehicle dangerously, especially around others (0:26 in the video), disregard for safety strappage (in this case, his helmet), parks wherever he feels like and goes for fashionable beverage to go with his trendy 'do'...!!

• Haha 1