Chip

Got the car chipped today .my vrs diesel 111 is now more powerful than a 245 petrol by 5 Bhp . God you notice the difference. Not bothered to much about mpg but in 3rd and 4th it spins the wheels . Next stop remapping in 2 months time 

246 registered. Dh price graphed it . Not bad . Shame volks and skoda don't upgrade the engines . Engine can take 320 but mpg will be sub 26 ....... makes you think how engine manufacturers cheat on selling there engines at a lower bhp 

• 2 months later...

Hmm. That's about 25BHP more than Race Chip claim - their website figures are sensible looking, not over blown headline grabbers. I suspect a dodgy on the day dyno measurement perhaps....as for being capable of 320bhp, I doubt it could handle the torque which would be north of 600Nm.  I doubt the fuel pump is capable of delivering enough in any case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 10:16, Chelseacraig said:

Got the car chipped today .my vrs diesel 111 is now more powerful than a 245 petrol by 5 Bhp . God you notice the difference. Not bothered to much about mpg but in 3rd and 4th it spins the wheels . Next stop remapping in 2 months time 

cough

20171028_143544.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stever750 said:

What's with the slight spike at 4.5k? The stock curves should be table mountain flat. 

Think it's something to do with the way it comes onto the camshaft in terms of the profiling.

1 hour ago, john2017 said:

Think it's something to do with the way it comes onto the camshaft in terms of the profiling.

25 years ago I'd agree, but not on today's engines, they just don't come onto the cam, as the whole process is managed by the ecu, it's not simply a mechanical system. It was a slightly leading question, it suggests to me an inaccuracy in the measurement system (the rollers) or in the car (a fault). I've not seen the factory  torque curve of this EA189  engine, only some of the EA888 petrol, and they are all flat, with the point at which they start to drop off delineating the marketed bhp, eg cupra 280 vs golf R with 300bhp

Edited by stever750

Not sure if the operator fully turned off the ESP although, its there to a far lesser effect on the tuningbox run

You do have to be wary of a little torque steer between 4-1/4 & 5k revs, its ok if you know about it but, concerning the 1st time or 2. I'll check it out tomorrow as the box is off for reprogramming........ MORE POWER

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

E-diff does F all on straight sections of road but, it allows you to just concentrate on the steering through the corners.

Must be different from the one on the Cupra? I had no torque steer ever in that, wet or dry. IIRC there were two different LSD designs though. Been a couple of years since I last looked and age is messing with my memory.