Just bought a Fabia (picking up 19/08/2017)

As above I have just purchased a fabia sdi comfort estate. I have changed jobs and it was costing me over £60 a week in fuel. I saw this Fabia sdi comfort estate and paid a deposit and am picking it up tomorrow.

It brought back memories of my old fabia I had over 10 years ago( that being a classic sdi hatchback)

As I am going to be using this forum alot I thought it best that I get a couple of years freedom as it will be the least I can do.

It seems better specced than my classic.

It has remote central locking but with a little key rather than the flip key you keep seeing.

Also it has a computer( says reset on the wiper switch)

It drove really nice on the test drive and I have bought a few things for it.

It took a while of turning over before starting so have bought a set of glowplugs and my local skoda dealer had a cambelt kit on sale for £25 which included tensioner etc.

I wan to change the wheel trims over to some standard skoda ones as the ones on it are pretty dire in my opinon.

After picking it up I am going to be going to the scrapyard to see if they have any 14" wheel trims if not I will be buying some new ones and also some mats. Id rather have some genuine ones as the cheap ones are not very nice in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for any silly questions Thomas

Ok so I picked this up on Saturday and went to the scrapyard and picked up a passenger side mirror and also the centre dash vents as the drivers one was broken. Also picked up a genuine set of fabia mats( I only had 2 rear rubber ones)

Went to pay and the lady said just give me a couple of quid for the charity box.

Then went into Skoda and bought 2 cambelt kits for £25 each as they were just trying to get rid of them.

Later that night where I live a silver estate bumper came up for sale. It has a scratch on the top but as mine is alot worse I bought that aswell.

Next friday the car is going into the garage to have the cambelt,waterpump,thermostat,coolant change and a full service aswell(this service is costing me more than I paid for the car)

But I will have piece of mind as I need it to commute.

Anyway here are a few pictures thanks Thomas.

Oh if anybody has 14" wheel trims (genuine) please let me know.

received_946113852194333_zpscwpd4bui.jpe

20170820_173251_zpsinnppyvk.jpg

20170820_173239_zpsrtrbscjk.jpg

20170820_165209_zpsohmwexz6.jpg

20170819_154609_zps49wpo8hk.jpg

Before

20170819_150907_zpsvutesznu.jpg

After a quick wipe over(will do a proper job soon)

20170819_153656_zpsx93rrr4x.jpg

Also the mpg seems promising its saying 68.5-70mpg on my commute so if on brim to brim im getting more than 50mpg ill be very happy

• Like 3

That looks very tidy for an 02 plate,  and for commuting provided you are not driving briskly, 65 - 70 on motorway, you should easily get 65mpg ( maybe more ), as an ex work colleague of mine had one, and did a daily 50 mile return commute, 90% motorway and was very happy getting 65+mpg.

9 hours ago, lfc958 said:

That looks very tidy for an 02 plate,  and for commuting provided you are not driving briskly, 65 - 70 on motorway, you should easily get 65mpg ( maybe more ), as an ex work colleague of mine had one, and did a daily 50 mile return commute, 90% motorway and was very happy getting 65+mpg.

Thankyou I'm very happy with it. I few months ago I had a polo sdi hatch and after buying alot of bits for it we found out the car was bent and that was why it drove incorrectly.

I have the wishbones etc I bought for that and I'm assured they are the same.

I must admit I prefer the little skoda over the polo straight away ( maybe because I had a fabia many years ago) 

Thanks again Thomas 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23 August 2017 at 00:51, Montytom said:

I must admit I prefer the little skoda over the polo straight away ( maybe because I had a fabia many years ago) 

Thanks again Thomas 

Hi whilst it may not be top of everyone's " wish " list some times less is more those little Fabias were ( are ) a great little car and as long as you ain't in a tearing hurry ( and why would you be in that part of the country, I used to live in Seaton Devon and the people were so laid back it's a wonder they ever get out of bed, mind it's just like here in N Yorks, but a couple of coats warmer down there !! ) good luck with it