Citigo service schedule

Mulligrub

I am due to pick up a 65 plate Citigo 60ps Green Tech SE L next week.

I would like some advice on the servicing frequency of the car please.

The dealer have emailed a copy of the cars service history: Car registered on 31:12:2015. had an "oil change" service on 28:02:2017. with 4539 miles done.

On 20:07:2017. having done 7151 miles it says "Used car MPC"  (not sure what that means).

The cars  manufacturer warranty period is: 31:12:2015. to 30:12:2018.

The dealer informs me that the next service is due 12 months or 10,000 miles after the last one which is February 2018 or 14,000 miles.

I was under the impression that a major service is carried out every 24 months or 24,000 miles whichever comes sooner.

By my reckoning that major service is due 30th December 2017, it seems the dealer forgot to mention this?

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

The first service was a bit late. How many previous owners? Perhaps it was pre-registered by the dealer and used as a demonstrator for a couple of months and then the first member of the public to own it assumed that the first service was due 12 months after they took ownership?

I would contact Skoda UK, explain to them the anomaly in the timing of the first service and ask them to confirm in writing if they will still honour the remaining warranty despite this and when the next service should be performed to ensure that the warranty entitlement is preserved until 31/12/2018.

"Used Car MPC" probably means "Used Car Multi Point Check", i.e. the series of "rigorous" checks (and rectifications) that the dealer is supposed to perform so that the car can qualify as a Skoda Approved Used Car.

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1

In theory it should be on the 31/12.

But 12 months after the last service will be fine, then service a year after that,

but to be on the safe side have it servived and MOT'd just before the Warrenty runs out just to be safe.

Used car MPC means Used Car Multi Point Check, dealers have to do a multi point check as part of the VW warrenty process for used cars.

Enjoy your new car.

• Like 1

They did an Oil & Filter change before selling like they do with a Demonstrator sometime, 

That never followed Manufacturers Schedule / Guidelines because Citigo are supposed to be Fixed Servicing.

that should be the first Fixed Service at 372 days / 9,400 miles or before.

The Minor Service should happen at December 2016, and a Major Service at December 2017, 

yet there is so little different between them. Unless they do replace parts, Filters etc.

You want a Service before the Warranty Expires in 2018, and the MOT and any warranty work carried out.

EDIT i miss-read that first service,  2/2017 and was thinking 2016 and a demonstrator at 3 months / 3,000 miles and a bit more miles.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Skodas difference is they say 20,000 miles when engines are suitable for Variable / Flexible Servicing.

Edited by Awayoffski

Given the low mileage and assuming that any work done on the car has been within the Skoda main dealer network I don't think that Skoda will get too sniffy over the fact that the first service was a couple of months late.

The worst case is that the original warranty has been voided due to failure to adhere to the manufacturer's schedule and the car is offered with the Skoda Approved Used 12 month warranty instead. This would leave you 4 -5 months short of what you could have enjoyed from the full 3-year warranty and I would either ask for my deposit back and walk away or negotiate at least a further £400 off to purchase a Skoda extended warranty when the 12 month AUC warranty expires.

We got bent over by the local SEAT dealer 3 years ago when we ordered a new Leon with a factory 5-year warranty for a bargain additional £500. They "forgot" to apply for the warranty extension in good time and we lost the entitlement, despite having signed an order form that included this as part of the specification and paying in full for the additional cost.

Faced with the prospect of taking the car back and replacing it with an identical model fresh from the factory complete with the extended warranty applied they coughed up a substantial four-figure sum by way of compensation.

Edited by ronime

Many thanks  to all for your responses. There is a lot to mull over! all points taken on board.

Will have a ponder over the weekend and inform you of the outcome.

Thanks.