Skoda Felicia alternator voltage regulator

Hello Skoda friends. So last week I started noticing my lights going brighter when driving at night. After a bit of investigation I discovered that when at idle, the alternator was feeding ovee 15volts .. basically the voltage regulator has gone. 

I got myself a new genuine voltage regulator but when I removed the old one i noticed that the new one has an additional wire. 

My question is; are these incompatible or is the new one an upgraded one? If I can use the new one, how do I install it?

Ive uploaded some images here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kpu5nusa3hfvjw6/AACP3h47dAnxNZlxQ4Og9EdAa?dl=0

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

I am no expert but what Skoda Felicia are you talking about, you must tell what the model and do's it have power steering / air con and year. The power steering model has a higher output alternator I understand. 

Hi guys,

@mikefelicia - Its a 1999 1.3L petrol carburator engine with no air con or power steering.

@RicardoM - code on the regulator's box is: '115 901 253 B'. It also says 'Regulator Napeti'. I bought it from a Skoda parts supplier.

Edited by jms024

I've searched the alternator's part number (047903015J) on the web and was given 2 different 'versions' of it. The image attached shows the difference. Maybe the new regulator I've got eliminates that 'yellow box' thing which my current alternator has?

alternators.jpg

On 8/20/2017 at 20:34, RicardoM said:

The new voltage regulator has the correct code. See below how to connect it.

On 8/20/2017 at 21:02, RicardoM said:

You can leave it on.

It worked like this.

Many thanks again Ricardo.