Anyone know where Mike Holroyd is???

I saw he'd commented along those lines on Facebook, involving people almost harassing him just expecting him to give up time to help others with his VCDS etc.  It's a shame when people like Mike are put off by muppets on social media and forums

Shame, I remember a thread recently where some know-it-all a**e was winding him up and thought 'why should he bother to help anybody' if it was thrown back in his face. Armchair experts and snide bullies always seem to pollute websites.  I hope he continues to enjoy his Skodas and the mods which give so much benefit to others. 

• Like 1

I was wondering the same, always waiting for Mike to come along even when he has been mentioned in threads. Glad to hear he is ok. Let's open a bring Mike back vote thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gav_is_con said:

I was wondering the same, always waiting for Mike to come along even when he has been mentioned in threads. Glad to hear he is ok. Let's open a bring Mike back vote thread.

To celebrate Mikes return I'l start a " Days since Mikes Retern " thread      :happy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yup, spoke to MIke today, and all the above seems true. Turns out when I changed my phone, I copied his old home number onto it so texting that was never gonna end well!! :D At least I can get the lovely jumbo box I found in the scrappy to him so he can keep himself happy tinkering away again. :)

• Like 1

I'm so saddened to read about this regarding Mike. He's helped me out twice with coding and on both occasions point blank refused to take any money or beer tokens. The man is as honest as the day is long and we should all be grateful for his help and advice. He always takes pics and posts how to guides trying to help everyone. Part number requests he helps as well.  Mike, hopefully if you read this, for every sniper you have a hundred friends. Apologies from me also for just seeing this as I havnt been on here for a while myself. 

Another vote to " see" Mike back on these forums the guy is a true gent and now that " we " are all aware of how he feels ( and to be fair we gave all probably been guilty of just reading the idiots comments, without pointing out to those responsible that those type of comments we can all do without ) maybe we all should step in and bring to task all misappropriate remarks

• Like 1

Have to agree with all the above posters - Mike has been a great forum member and incredibly knowledgeble and helpful over the years to many people.

It's a real shame he has had a bad experience that has put him off - and shame on those that were involved.!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Redboy said:

Shame, I remember a thread recently where some know-it-all a**e was winding him up 

May I ask which thread this was? I did see a few having a go at him on his hid thread. 

Great to hear Mike will be back when he's able. He has helped so many forum members over the years, myself included. We can't afford to lose Mike he has a wealth of knowledge to share.

I'm sure he gets a lot of pleasure from helping other Skoda owners with their problems else he wouldn't have continued to do it for so long and we are all eternally grateful to him.

Don't let one troll spoil your enjoyment Mike, we won't miss him or give him another thought. You on the other hand ........... Hurry back mate.

• Like 1

It's a sad day when some keyboard-bashing f*ckwits lead someone to this situation

You really couldn't ask for a more generous person to help you out of a problem, if you deal with it in the right manner - demanding that someone drives miles to sort out your issue at the drop of a hat, and then slag him for being unable to do so is not the right manner

Come back soon, Mike, Briskoda needs you more than it needs the f*ckwits who caused this situation

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brimma said:

It's a sad day when some keyboard-bashing f*ckwits lead someone to this situation

You really couldn't ask for a more generous person to help you out of a problem, if you deal with it in the right manner - demanding that someone drives miles to sort out your issue at the drop of a hat, and then slag him for being unable to do so is not the right manner

Come back soon, Mike, Briskoda needs you more than it needs the f*ckwits who caused this situation

Agreed, Come back Mike, we miss you

Also agreed. I spoke to him the other day and he was fine, although clearly unhappy about the idiots referred to here.

However he appreciates this thread and the decent members who hold him in such high regard.

• Thanks 1