The new daily

s_matt

Well I have had the new daily for a few months now so thought I would share it with you guys...

Here it is, bought from a main dealer with just under 8000 miles on the clock and as far as i am aware in fairly basic spec. 

fullsizeoutput_5b.thumb.jpeg.f0a48c08730c2dedf006ca53f7f3d225.jpeg

As you can see not to different to any other vrs, only issues I found with the car was that the rear bumper had two touch ups which were small and a slight mark on one of the alloys. After driving it for a month or so and enjoying the decent fuel return I managed to sell the old daily which meant that the dogs needed to come into the car. As a friend of mine has the same car as same issue with keeping the car as clean as possible with the introduction of dogs I went to the same company as him and I can really recommend them..

IMG_4613.thumb.JPG.09c98d7eb5841f14ffbf42cf6df6c4c2.JPG

and for a test fit 

IMG_4618.thumb.JPG.996adc1275bccaa91e0e4f27a902a94f.JPG

I really wanted the black pack on the car but when I was originally looking for the car there were none with the low millage/price around so I contacted a friend of mine who ran a body shop and sourced me the grill from skoda for £37 and then sprayed and fitted the part for the price of a beer.

fullsizeoutput_5d.thumb.jpeg.54f723c8761f43e2aec6cee338d7dc6f.jpeg

looks so much better in my opinion. 

Edited by s_matt

Next on the list of things to do was to black out the window so you couldn't see the dog cage and gave a bit of protection against the sun 

fullsizeoutput_5e.thumb.jpeg.2ee294238152f2fd67c9c5fb1fa6d4fe.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f.thumb.jpeg.7747da95e54c6df6a014beb23251b51d.jpeg

couldn't be happier with the results...

And now for the most recent addition..

IMG_5089.thumb.JPG.9ba5cda5b59052e1341cf40ccc76be3e.JPG

IMG_5091.thumb.JPG.36e16a3874f411220047ffdf71742419.JPG

Now this was only fitted last night so I am not in a position to comment on what its like yet but  I will indeed report back in good time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2017 at 20:21, ahenners said:

Looks nice, petrol or diesel? Intrigued to hear more about the bluefin!

Diesel mate, the bluefin has made a night and  day difference to the car. It now pulls so much stronger throughout the range and gives the car the shunt that's needed. At the same time it's nothing ridiculous that would put any excessive wear and tear on the transmission. 

We did a 3rd and 4th gear pull from around 30 against a standard vrs with almost the same mileage and age and mine was several car lengths ahead by the end of it.

economy has changed but nothing ridiculous, as long as I am sensible i can get around the same return. One thing I don't like is that no matter what  driving mode you select you still have the same power output from the engine.

all in all worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you noticed any difference between normal and sport mode? It obviously doesn't change the power but I find the throttle way more responsive on a shark remap.

Although I tend to go to full manual when in sport mode.

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2017 at 08:08, Phillips said:

Have you noticed any difference between normal and sport mode? It obviously doesn't change the power but I find the throttle way more responsive on a shark remap.

Although I tend to go to full manual when in sport mode.

I hadn’t noticed the throttle changing too much but the added power and the stronger power band has certianly made the car feel more urgent.