VRS 2016 or FACELIFT 2017? HELP?

2 hours ago, bondylad007 said:

going to the dealers at the weekend! new maybe the way to go but may have to be on PCP. is PCP a good way to go if you want to own the car? 

Not great (unless you get a 0% deal) as you are paying interest on the balloon payment for the whole term, and you are left potentially finding finance again when you eventually "buy" your own car. Its a good way to keep your up front monthly payments down, but may not be the cheapest way to pay for a car in the long run. 

Look at total costs for the various routes to ownership.

Edited by juan27

yeah it's all about the total cost which I need to consider. I never would of considered buying new if it weren't for the FL. But I will be keeping this car for along time. What is a good price for new? 23k to 25k depending on spec?

11 minutes ago, bondylad007 said:

yeah it's all about the total cost which I need to consider. I never would of considered buying new if it weren't for the FL. But I will be keeping this car for along time. What is a good price for new? 23k to 25k depending on spec?

Look at CarWow perhaps?  You can get quotes from dealers without any pestering afterwards.

You should be able to get up to 15% off a new VRS.  Just bear in mind finance based prices will include the Skoda deposit contribution (£1500 last time I looked). 

Also consider that the Interest rate on a new Octavia PCP will almost certainly drop to 0% once the newness of the FL has worn off, Maybe next year?

On 21/08/2017 at 00:38, bondylad007 said:

thanks for the advice guys! simple but it has worked. I've used car wow and the dealer has offered me a price which is thousands different to the one I got offered in store! Maybe they forgot I went in lol. Is this a genuine offer and is there anyway I can get the price down more or ask for any extra specs to be included in the deal?

Edited by bondylad007

6 hours ago, bondylad007 said:

CarWow prices are genuine offers from franchised dealers. Probably not much point in trying to get more out of the deal from the prices offered, but nothing to lose but your time I guess.

22 minutes ago, bondylad007 said:

yes new maybe the way to go! There is a 4k difference between the models on carwow, it was 6k at the dealers. In the long run I may loose out more on the 2016 model as I want to own the car for many years

Unless a 2016 is significantly cheaper, I'd go new. If you're planning to keep a long time it's nice to have it specced exactly how you want it. Longer warranty and you have the option to extend to 5 year for a relatively low cost if new.