Just collected new Superb, wow!

After having the Mk2 estate, we simply went straight into the dealer for a Mk3 hatch, SE L Exec, 1.4TSi ACT. No test drive, no looking at other cars. Best thing we ever did. 

What colour did you get? 

Great to hear you're enjoying it!  Its a pity the 1.4tsi ACT isn't more widely available here.  You can order the 1.4 ACT now but only in Ambition spec.  They definitely need to sell the Style version too as it will sell well.

6 minutes ago, Svend said:

After having the Mk2 estate, we simply went straight into the dealer for a Mk3 hatch, SE L Exec, 1.4TSi ACT. No test drive, no looking at other cars. Best thing we ever did. 

What colour did you get? 

I can see why! We went with Silver, it was either that or white or Grey, neither of which really appealed.

3 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

Great to hear you're enjoying it!  Its a pity the 1.4tsi ACT isn't more widely available here.  You can order the 1.4 ACT now but only in Ambition spec.  They definitely need to sell the Style version too as it will sell well.

Hopefully that will change as people move away from diesel, having driven both the 1.6 and 2.0 diesels the TSI is so much more refined.  Early days but looks like we are averaging 6l/100km which is better than I am getting in my less powerful 1.4tsi Passat and not a million miles away from the diesel Scenic.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steviedakota said:

Hopefully that will change as people move away from diesel, having driven both the 1.6 and 2.0 diesels the TSI is so much more refined.  Early days but looks like we are averaging 6l/100km which is better than I am getting in my less powerful 1.4tsi Passat and not a million miles away from the diesel Scenic.

Yes, petrol is definately making a comeback and the much anticipated hybrid (in 2019) should do well too.  We've been obsessed with diesels for far too long, as many are not doing anything near the mileage that would make a diesel a viable option.  Good time to buy from the UK as well with the current exchange rate!

33 minutes ago, Steviedakota said:

I can see why! We went with Silver, it was either that or white or Grey, neither of which really appealed.

If you choose to get one yourself. Can I highly recommend Petrol Blue Metallic? 

31szoPZl.jpg

which changes in the light. 

cJK8od1l.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

Edited by Svend
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Svend said:

That is gorgeous! Never saw that colour during our search unfortunately.  All the petrols on Autotrader are ex Skoda/hire cars and they all seem to be silver, white or grey.

19 hours ago, Svend said:

31szoPZl.jpg

cJK8od1l.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

My first thought - that's my car . . . .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IJWS15 said:

IT'S MINE I TELL YOU, ALL MINE. Lol. 

It's mine, it says so on the plate, granted it's a detailing plate. 

dAArSUql.jpg

21 hours ago, Svend said:

31szoPZl.jpg

cJK8od1l.jpg

nkKkPlVl.jpg

I'll second that!  Not that I'm biased or anything :) .  I love the colour on mine and always get comments about the way it changes colour.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 11:15, Steviedakota said:

I drive a B7 Passat and this felt better in every way.

Of course since B7 is an old car now. And like always, new version of the car goes forward in many if not all segments, the new Passat B8 is ahead of Superb, maybe not by much but by a margin at least.

On 22/08/2017 at 07:48, IJWS15 said:

@IJWS15 Are you sure you're not parking there when @Svend is out?;)

Hey but I have to support the best coloured cars out there.:thumbup: Makes me smile.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2017 at 07:53, Svend said:

IT'S MINE I TELL YOU, ALL MINE. Lol. 

It's mine, it says so on the plate, granted it's a detailing plate. 

dAArSUql.jpg

First one I has seen with the same wheels as mine and it is the same colour so natural reaction 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IJWS15 said:

First one I has seen with the same wheels as mine and it is the same colour so natural reaction 

I picked these wheels because the other ones visually irk me. On one side the wheels would appear to go the direction of the 'blade' spoke, while the other side, the 'blade' spoke would appear to go backwards. I couldn't live with a car like that. Lol. 

I actually thing there are three or four on here with the same colour and wheel combo. It's the best combo in my books. 

Autozine did a great photoshoot with the same colour wheel combo. 

https://www.autozine.co.uk/skoda/superb/review 

Shame I couldn't get beige leather interior. :( 

foX1HB2l.jpg

KKZLDKll.jpg

2 hours ago, Svend said:

I picked these wheels because the other ones visually irk me. On one side the wheels would appear to go the direction of the 'blade' spoke, while the other side, the 'blade' spoke would appear to go backwards. I couldn't live with a car like that. Lol. 

Like this:

large.DSC_6496.JPG.547f5958f8d52fb0909e8

and

large.DSC_6494.JPG.cf73a2c4fea64f5e14ea2

Just now, Bud said:

Like this:

large.DSC_6496.JPG.547f5958f8d52fb0909e8

and

large.DSC_6494.JPG.cf73a2c4fea64f5e14ea2

Yes, while from the left hand side the wheel 'blades' would going in the forward direction of travel, from the right hand side, they would appear to be going backwards as the car went forwards if you know what I mean. 

19 minutes ago, Svend said:

Yes, while from the left hand side the wheel 'blades' would going in the forward direction of travel, from the right hand side, they would appear to be going backwards as the car went forwards if you know what I mean. 

Damn it! I've ordered these and will now never be able to not think about it...:crying:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hansn said:

Damn it! I've ordered these and will now never be able to not think about it...:crying:

But when you're reversing, half the car will be going in the right direction.

I have the Vega rims. My wife said they looked like someone had bashed them with a hammer. Now I can't unsee that!