New buy build week ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I placed my order in mid July. So far my build week is 44! Delivery due the second week of December. It could arrive sooner I suppose.

There have been minor tweaks to the Superb this year - maybe more due early next year at a guess.

Edited by rtj70

The bud week is irrelevant from when you order as it would depend on many factors like:how many people ordered a superb just before you across europe, estate or saloon, how many other cars they are due to build (the plant also makes the Kodiaq,karoq and Seat Ateca) as the annual capacity is around 280,000. 

Depending on how skoda run things it can also be down to country allocation (if annual build it 70,000, and skoda uk says they can sell 3000 a year, 3000 is what they get), they can even line up on engines (so you have a better chance of getting one quickly with the 2.0l 150 tdi than with the 2.0l 280 tsi)

Mine might have been brought forward to week 38 (not confirmed). But this was ordered around a month before Baverhanne's L&K. Maybe it's a shortage of 1.4TSI engine or gearboxes?

It is what it is. My current car is not due to be replaced until October so this might just work out okay. Could do with the bigger car ASAP though.

34 minutes ago, Baverhanne said:

Ordered 8th of august and build week 37.

Estate 4x4 tdi190dsg L&K with almost every box ticked.

Sweden

Ordered mine July 31, confirmed build week 35. Same specs as above, also Sweden.

Thanks for all the responses have to ring tomorrow to place order sales guy off today going for business grey l&k tdi 190 4x4 with most of the box's ticked, no pan roof or rear air bags but nearly everything else, comes in cheaper than equivalent sportline by about 1200. Should have said I'm ni based.

Edited by laurencemchenry
Left out info

• 1 month later...

Hi, mine (Sel executive) has been built for over 2 months but is still waiting shipment. 

I don't understand this at all.

Mine was built week 38 and was in the dealers the beginning of this week (so probably arrived last week). I can't see why a car built two months ago has not yet reached the UK.

Edited by rtj70

I have been told it is in the factory in Germany.....?

It all seems a bit strange to me, I thought they were built in the Czech Republic?

I was wondering if it got damaged somehow?

Someone is telling porkies or using the wrong orifice to speak! 

"The Superb is manufactured at the newly reconstructed and expanded factory branch in Kvasiny. "

I have been following this forum since the S3e started and most posts confirm that once shipped from the factory it takes 3-4 weeks to UK dealer.

Stern words to your supplier I would say. Sounds like someone has held back your order to fit sales targets.

12 hours ago, Sagalout said:

Someone is telling porkies or using the wrong orifice to speak! 

"The Superb is manufactured at the newly reconstructed and expanded factory branch in Kvasiny. "

I have been following this forum since the S3e started and most posts confirm that once shipped from the factory it takes 3-4 weeks to UK dealer.

Stern words to your supplier I would say. Sounds like someone has held back your order to fit sales targets.

I agree

Overall the car is a company vehicle and was confirmed ordered on 23 March this year through LEX. They have given me a few excuses why it's not available, Migrants, Weather, Facelift, Shipping problems, at one point it was in the UK on its way to the dealership in Ayrshire only to be in a factory in Germany 2 weeks later. I have given up really as it's obvious someone is not telling the truth or they have sold for a higher price or it has been damaged.

I added a few extras when ordering but they shouldn't have delayed the build, Ventilated seats, Blind Spot monitor, Colour Maxidot, Heated Screen, Traffic Sign recognition and Paddles. All in the base colour Pacific Blue.

41 minutes ago, vfrvrs said:

I agree

Overall the car is a company vehicle and was confirmed ordered on 23 March this year through LEX. They have given me a few excuses why it's not available, Migrants, Weather, Facelift, Shipping problems, at one point it was in the UK on its way to the dealership in Ayrshire only to be in a factory in Germany 2 weeks later. I have given up really as it's obvious someone is not telling the truth or they have sold for a higher price or it has been damaged.

I added a few extras when ordering but they shouldn't have delayed the build, Ventilated seats, Blind Spot monitor, Colour Maxidot, Heated Screen, Traffic Sign recognition and Paddles. All in the base colour Pacific Blue.

Do you know the order number? I would contact Skoda UK and they can track it and at the same time complain. That lead in is ridiculous as nice as they are its a skoda not a bentley.

People are buying petrol cars instead of diesel and the factories are geared up for lots of diesel engines. I am surprised it's taken until this year for VW to offer a Passat with the 1.4TSI engine in anything other than the GTE PHEV.

I went for a petrol 1.4TSI with DSG in my last car and I got that 3 years ago. Superb with the same engine/gearbox turned up on Tuesday.

Ordered 24th September, just been told build week 46 (2nd week November?) so hopefully will have car early December which will be approx 12 weeks order to delivery which is 4 weeks quicker than dealer initially quoted!

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 06:38, vfrvrs said:

I have been told it is in the factory in Germany.....?

It all seems a bit strange to me, I thought they were built in the Czech Republic?

I was wondering if it got damaged somehow?

maybe they were referring to the shipping port in Germany?  i.e. the car is in Germany after having left the factory in CZ.
all Skodas built in CZ are sent via road train to the shipping port of Bremerhaven, to be loaded into ships and out to the rest of the world.

Ordered mine 15.7 and car is delivered next week to the dealer (but it`s a company car and I have to wait `til 29.12 before picking it up, when my current lease is done)

edit: yes it is a 1.4 tsi act Dsg. Se L Execituve ( or Style business in my country) with lot`s of extra.

Edited by Alex70