Superb Hatch SEL 190tdi MPG

I do think my 42mpg for the 220ps tsi 

On 31/08/2017 at 12:56, skodarog said:

190 dsg se-l estate. 18k on the clock, reg in Nov 2015.

on a motorway cruise at 70 over a trip 30-40 miles i can get 50/55 mpg. but that is nursing it carefully.

on a normal day to day usage - a roads, town trips etc - again careful driving, i usually brim to brim at c.45mpg.

if driven fast on the motorway, usually down to low/mid 40's.

wish i'd gone for the 150 now, or a petrol.

Thats a reasonable argument. I think powerful diesels (i.e those nearing 200bhp) are pretty pointless. If you want performance then petrol it is and comparing your mpg to what mine returned then the petrol is not far behind the 190 diesel and offers 30bhp more. I drive the 190 diesel and it shifted but didnt want the adblue issue or another DPF system.

• Like 1

I have a Dec 15 190 4x4 hatch with 17000 on the clock. On a recent trip Aberdeen it managed 51.5. Not long before this I have the VCDS option changed to tell the system that it was an Audi rather than a Skoda (great low cost mod which improves throttle response quite a bit) so I don't reckon this is too bad. Until I got to Sterling speed was kept about 75mph and the A66 was quite congested at times. From Sterling northwards it's mainly average speed cameras so then it was 70mph. When I first got the car I was quite disappointed, having been taken in by the official figures - I always know they are exaggerated but this was a big discrepancy. Very short trips around town when it's cold can really give some low figures but I suppose it's to be expected (must use my wife's Fabia a bit more!) but I think the engine is loosening up a bit and I expect it to improve just a bit over the next year or so.

I've got a 65 plate 190PS SE-L hatch, if I hammer it then I'll get around 45mpg, if I'm cruising at the legal limits then >55 is usual result on my weekly commute between West Wales and London

Edited by stever750

• 2 weeks later...

2016 190 SE L 4X4 DSG Estate

Long term (over last 2400 miles, mixture of local & distance, some motorways & A roads & some in SE London) 49.8mpg

Last trip to Charente mid France (106 miles to Euro tunnel via A 24, M23, M25,M26 & M20, then Calais to Rouen A28 A13 & A10 to Tours N10 to Ruffec & on to Nantuiel en Vallee 433 miles. Total mileage 539 miles 3 adults & loaded with luggage) 57.3mpg

Towing 1550kg caravan Littlehampton to Newquay 233 miles via A27, M27, A31, A35, A30, M5,A38, 28.4MPG

All solo in ECO mode

Towing in D mode

Speedo of car reads 2mph fast. checked against known good gps satnav using ACC over various set speeds up to 70mph

Tank to tank check against trip reading MPG. 60ltrs = 13.15 Gal 657 miles recorded (corrected by -2% = 643.86 miles)

MPG Tank to tank = 49.96mpg according to mpg on computer

MPG tank to tank corrected 48.96 mpg

All in all very happy with MPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
Guest Flymo61

I own a 2017 Skoda superb 190 sel executive  Dsg hatchback 

I have had this car since February 2018 and it was an  X demonstrator 

I am a taxi driver and I have driven this car for 38,000 miles always getting 550 miles approximately to the tank up to the fuel light coming on 

I always fill to the top of the neck and drive exactly the same and average overall approximately 40 mpg

Since filling my tank on the 2nd of November my car has suddenly decided to only do 450 miles per tank 

In fact sometimes only average on the day as little as 26.8 to the gallon 

It has been back to the Skoda dealership and they have found no faults with the car and technical at Skoda have suggested I have changed my style of driving

A small change in driving would not account For a 15 to 20% extra fuel usage

I have had a number of issues with this vehicle though only minor have taken quite a lot of visits to the dealership to correct

This fuel consumption issue is just another of my problems I have experienced with this car 

How many visits will I have to make to correct this fuel issue 

I think it is time to change this car for something else

Has anybody else had the same issue I wonder