Wowos nanocoat

bigman1976

I've used Wowos Contact 121, their QD and Crystal Sealant (which was a pig to use!!) and then heard about Nanocoat - which they describe as a 'game changer'. Promises 6 months + longevity from a hybrid wax. Anyone got any experience of it? Currently on offer at £80 but will go up to £140 shortly. Pricey but if it's as good as they say!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 09:40, bigman1976 said:

I've used Wowos Contact 121, their QD and Crystal Sealant (which was a pig to use!!) and then heard about Nanocoat - which they describe as a 'game changer'. Promises 6 months + longevity from a hybrid wax. Anyone got any experience of it? Currently on offer at £80 but will go up to £140 shortly. Pricey but if it's as good as they say!

Spotted this go on sale from Wowos - does sound good.... but pricey as stated.

I have Contact 121 which is really nice - and much cheaper..... i'm happy with that for now.

Let us know if you progress with the purchase and post a review.

As alternatives, i have recently purchased Jayswax Ceramic and TAC Systems Moonlight for better durability.

Discretion has proved better than valour and I've decided against it. Much as I'd love to try it, I've not long had the Contact 121 which, as you say, is good. 

Will pass as on this occasion and save the money!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27 August 2017 at 09:40, bigman1976 said:

Hi Bigman 1976...

Was it just the Crystal Sealant you had issues with or the QD too as I purchased both a few months ago and found them a nightmare to use compared to anything previously ... They both seemed very grabby when trying to apply and streaked like mad... I'd to polish them back off and go back to my old faithfulls...

The Wo-Wo wheel cleaner is first class though and I've used the sealant on my wheels but I'm scared to go near the paintwork with the other two again....

9 hours ago, labman1001 said:

Hi Bigman 1976...

Was it just the Crystal Sealant you had issues with or the QD too as I purchased both a few months ago and found them a nightmare to use compared to anything previously ... They both seemed very grabby when trying to apply and streaked like mad... I'd to polish them back off and go back to my old faithfulls...

The Wo-Wo wheel cleaner is first class though and I've used the sealant on my wheels but I'm scared to go near the paintwork with the other two again....

I found the QD to be quite grabby too but not massively streaky. I now apply the Crystal sealant via a sponge applicator 

pad then buff off and this seems better. I’ve used the sealant on my wife’s white car as a trial run and have also put some on my wing mirrors to compare with the Contact 121 on the remainder of my car. The Crystal Sealant is supposed to be a great wheel sealant too and I found it easy to apply on those. I find a shorter pile microfibre helped too. 

It it does seem like the Wowos products can be challenging to apply but have good results. I’m going to persevere with them for now as I don’t have a huge detailing budget!

Hi Bigman,

The Wo-Wo products where the first real "detailing" products that I bought after being advised to see Fraser about getting something to clean my wheels, I'm lucky in that his place is only 10 minutes away from work.

i tried the QD after washing and cleaning the car in my usual manner and sprayed few light squirts on one side of the bonnet and literally could hardly get my microfibre cloth to move across the bonnet at all... I'd to use a bottle of polish to go over it and remove and went back to my Simoniz QD which went on effortlessly ... After this I tried the Crystal Sealant and experienced the same issue as I'd had with the QD and had to go back and polish everything off again... I've used the sealant on my wheels with no issues but I'm scared to death to try either on the bodywork again...