Monte Carlo - No More DSG.

Dealer told me on Saturday that there will be no more Monte Carlos with DSG. Anyone else heard that and have any idea why? Dealer didn't understand it.

I didn't know the Monte Carlo was available with DSG when I bought mine in March 2016 or I would have considered it.

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2017 at 15:47, alltorque said:

Dealer told me on Saturday that there will be no more Monte Carlos with DSG. Anyone else heard that and have any idea why? Dealer didn't understand it.

On Irish Skoda configurator - only the Monte petrol 110 is offered with DSG. The diesel is not offered with DSG. However, the Ambition and Style ( SE / SEL ) are offered with DSG on both petrol (110) and diesel (90) models.

Edit: ditto on the UK config.

Edited by Dithane

In the UK currently i understood it to be 2 Monte Carlo models that can be ordered with the DSG,

the 1.4 TDI 90 PS Fabia Monte Carlo Estate

or a 1.0TSI 110ps Fabia Monte Carlo hatch.  Available in other trims though.

Maybe wrong there and somebody could correct 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

It might be the week 45 changes that are happening.   There may not be the demand for it, so it is being dropped (in the uk at least), it's just that all the information still needs to be updated, but as above, there are still 2 engines on the configurator that show DSG avaliable on the monte carlo.

It could be the lack of demand, or the dropping of the DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG coming in the near future and VW Group just not announcing it yet.

110ps or more Diesels & Petrol Fabia DSG would sell quite well i would think, ie a 1.5 TSI ACT  150ps EVO 7 Speed Wet Clutch DSG Hatch or Estate.

That might affect not only the New Karoq sales though, but also the Octavia, Polo, Golf & Ateca sales / leasing.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 4 weeks later...