Does dash cam obscure vision

SEman

On 02/09/2017 at 19:56, Auric Goldfinger said:

Can you tell me please  The rear facing one,  "  Is the Dash cam  looking backwards on the front screen or is it on the rear screen looking out ? "

The front camera is in fact two. It's stuck on the windscreen with one lens looking forward through the screen and the other lens looking into the car. The rear camera is stuck on the rear screen looking out the back of the car, so in effect, I have camera vision all around the car.

• 3 weeks later...

One more thing you might like to do and that is to replace the mounting bracket if it is one of the long ones. The one that came with my dash cam made the camera hang just below the mirror slightly which did annoy me. As I'm 6ft 4" tall, the mirror it self can cause a bit of a blind spot at times so the camera made it worse. I called the makers and they very kindly sent me out a shorter mount which allowed the camera to sit perfectly behind the mirror and now the only thing I can see is the suction cup above the mirror which does not impede vision at all as it is in the blacked out region between the sun visors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2017 at 23:47, jafo said:

I have Koonlung K1S - external dvr with two small cameras, gps, G-sensor, wired remote. Nicely hidden in the boot :) extra switch under the steering wheel to turn on/off lighter socket in the boot - always on when I'm leaving home - and stays on when shopping ;)

Rear camera, because of longer cable, is right next to mirror - almost my POV - front camera / shorter cable - at the back.

20171003_120653.thumb.jpg.0f1901c83817b684085e2efa538dd49b.jpg

Edited by jafo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running an SJCAM M10 as a part time dash cam (I use it on my bikes most days and in the car on the weekend). To me its nearly the perfect size, cheap, and reliable. Ordered direct from the factory for $US89 incl all mounts and worldwide postage. I've wired it up to the fuse board so it starts and stops with the ignition. Pics below. Note it is battery not capacitor powered.

SJCAM do a dedicated dash camera but its too big for my liking.

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5791.JPG