Hi Everyone

Got my New Superb 3 on the July 21st and before I had had it a week it started developing electrical problems it would say Headlight automatic  control fault,  Automatic Wiper Control Fault and then the Automatic Brightness Control for the Sat Nav Display Keeps flickering between dark and light all the time , I cant get my Skoda Connect to Conect even though I registered it the 21st July Ive entered all the information as it tells you as below, it tells me all the time this service is unavailable  ?   the car has only done 756 miles total.

They've had my car in once and said that they had sorted it and its still the same they now want me to leave it with them for 2 days on the 13th Sept to try to sort it out  , If they give me a crap courtesy car like they did last time I will bring it back till they get me a reasonable car like for like not a Citigo !

Note the PIN and go to vehicle

Make sure that vehicle is connected to the internet. You can find more information in your owner's manual.

Press the MENU button in your Infotainment system.

Select "Setup".

Select "CONNECT".

Select "Registration".

Enter your eight digit PIN then press OK

Smart link for my Android works  fine

Does any of you boffins or Skoda Experts have any Ideas , please , Thanks for looking

Other than the above the car operates very smooth and is very comfortable to drive with plenty of power and its just the 150 PS wish it had have been the 190PS

Regards

Steve108337495.png.d983785aab5019657a48e05c62704395.png

I know nothing about Skoda Connect but Dumfries and Galloway is a rural area and you may be having mobile signal issues.  I had lots of no service problems with my BMW (Vodafone) and it can also take some time (5 mins?) to connect when you drive into a good signal area.  Check the 3G/4G signal for Vodafone (guessing they are the service provider) at https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage  - I just looked at Kirkcudbright and there are about 3 streets on the east side with some 3g coverage.

Another thought does the registration code expire after some hours/days?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply mate but I don't rely think that that is the Problem , If I run over a part in any road that has been dug up and filled in with tarmac the Sat Nav screen starts to flicker or the brightness go up and down or even switch off , the warning comes up on the dash that either the automatic windscreen wiper control is faulty or the automatic headlight control is faulty ( You can be driving in the dark and the headlights flip down and you can only see just in front of the Bonnet Bloody Dangerous because you have to stop and then start the engine again and hope that the Dynamic headlight range control, with cornering light (AFS 1) readjust back to the proper position )  or the Start Stop system is faulty . I'm no techno wizard but to me it is either a major connection that is loose at the back of the Instrumentation panel or that there is a major fault with one or more of the Brains in this new model 3 Skoda , I have the car booked in tomorrow for 2 days so that they can try and find out what is wrong with the car, its not looking very good for Skoda at the moment .

The first picture below 217 is the lights shinning just in front of the bonnet and picture 222 is the headlights on ( main )  full beam approx 30-40 yards approx ?

20170906_221217.jpg

20170906_221222.jpg

For Skoda connect, have you connected the car to the internet?  I setup a hotspot using my phone then connected the car to that wifi network.  Once done it connected and registered.  You could also park close to your house and connect to you home wifi.

Sorry if this is a little insulting - just wanted to check.

8 hours ago, longrangesniper said:

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply mate but I don't rely think that that is the Problem , If I run over a part in any road that has been dug up and filled in with tarmac the Sat Nav screen starts to flicker or the brightness go up and down or even switch off , the warning comes up on the dash that either the automatic windscreen wiper control is faulty or the automatic headlight control is faulty ( You can be driving in the dark and the headlights flip down and you can only see just in front of the Bonnet Bloody Dangerous because you have to stop and then start the engine again and hope that the Dynamic headlight range control, with cornering light (AFS 1) readjust back to the proper position )  or the Start Stop system is faulty . I'm no techno wizard but to me it is either a major connection that is loose at the back of the Instrumentation panel or that there is a major fault with one or more of the Brains in this new model 3 Skoda , I have the car booked in tomorrow for 2 days so that they can try and find out what is wrong with the car, its not looking very good for Skoda at the moment .

The first picture below 217 is the lights shinning just in front of the bonnet and picture 222 is the headlights on ( main )  full beam approx 30-40 yards approx ?

20170906_221217.jpg

20170906_221222.jpg

Wow that's dangerous to drive even. You can't see a thing! I hope they fix the problem... I have to say I got 190hp and I'm also very very happy. So far I had no issues (knock on wood). 2650km at the moment.

On 29/08/2017 at 14:06, longrangesniper said:

I cant get my Skoda Connect to Conect even though I registered it the 21st July Ive entered all the information as it tells you as below, it tells me all the time this service is unavailable  ?   the car has only done 756 miles total.

108337495.png.d983785aab5019657a48e05c62704395.png

Try factory reset of the Skoda connect service. It didn't work for me for a month or two (got it in July) after two weeks of function. Did a factory wipe off Skoda connect and set it up again. Now works again.

Hi Guys & Gals

Well Guys & Gals  they've got the car again , they've got it for 2 days last time they cured nothing it came back the same way it went in so if its the same this time I'll be asking for the Director because I'm sick of this with a brand new car ? I'm beginning to wish I had stuck with Vauxhall and got a New Insignia Sports Tourer like I had before , I forgot to say I even got a large screw in the front off side tyre  @ 600 and odd miles , and it knackered the tyre up so a new tyre they didn't even have a Continental and had to put on a Hankook one with the same tread pattern

Steve

2 hours ago, longrangesniper said:

Hi Guys & Gals

Well Guys & Gals  they've got the car again , they've got it for 2 days last time they cured nothing it came back the same way it went in so if its the same this time I'll be asking for the Director because I'm sick of this with a brand new car ? I'm beginning to wish I had stuck with Vauxhall and got a New Insignia Sports Tourer like I had before , I forgot to say I even got a large screw in the front off side tyre  @ 600 and odd miles , and it knackered the tyre up so a new tyre they didn't even have a Continental and had to put on a Hankook one with the same tread pattern

Steve

That's really horrible. You should seriously hit on the desk and ask for Director or Manager (if you have not yet). This is seriously ridiculous experience!

13 hours ago, longrangesniper said:

Hi Guys & Gals

Steve

If I was in your position I would put them on notice that if it's not fixed satisfactorily you will be rejecting the car.

• Like 1

Skoda Connect:

Going straight into Skoda Connect would not work for me either, would not accept the pin but going through the car's configuration wizard did, I didn't have to enter the pin again. Make sure the car is connected to the internet, I'm on iOS but connecting the phone through Smartlink does not automatically give the car an internet connection, I have to turn on the hotspot on the phone and connect the infotainment to it.

Lights:

Thats not a pleasant experience :sadsmile: According to the manual, that is the default position for the lights when an error is detected so there should be something logged.

Edited by MaddicIrl

Hi ALL here we go again 
                               Other than the above the car operates very smooth and is very comfortable to drive with plenty of power and its just the 150 PS wish it had have been the 190PS
And now this

If I run over a part in any road that has been dug up and filled in with tarmac the Sat Nav screen starts to flicker or the brightness go up and down or even switch off , the warning comes up on the dash that either the automatic windscreen wiper control is faulty or the automatic headlight control is faulty ( You can be driving in the dark and the headlights flip down and you can only see just in front of the Bonnet Bloody Dangerous because you have to stop and then start the engine again and hope that the Dynamic headlight range control, with cornering light (AFS 1) readjust back to the proper position ) or the Start Stop system is faulty . I'm no techno wizard but to me it is either a major connection that is loose at the back of the Instrumentation panel or that there is a major fault with one or more of the Brains in this new model 3 Skoda , I have the car booked in tomorrow for 2 days so that they can try and find out what is wrong with the car, its not looking very good for Skoda at the moment .

The 2 days have now turned into 4 days and I am still no clearer as to what they are doing with my car or what theyve found if anything , can I request that the car is replaced by another brand new car exactly the same , Ive lodged a complaint with Motability and Im waiting to hear what they have to say, in the mean time I would love to hear what all you guys and Gals think about this carry on !

The Guys just phoned from Motability  ( NIEL ), he wants me to give them @ SKODA while Friday that will be 8 days , then in his words well look at getting you a replacement vehicle. 

Please see Consumer Rights  attached below in PDF format Part 1 & 2  in Adobe Reader

Regards

Steve

ConsumerRightsSummary-GoodsOL - Copy 1.pdf

ConsumerRightsSummary-GoodsF2F - Copy 2.pdf