Mothers Powerball / Power cone for Xtreme 19inch wheels

Hi,

New at the forum, and I have recently ordered a new vRS with the 19" Xtreme wheels for the summer, and 17" for the winter time.

When I pick up the car, the winter tires are fitted, so I plan polishing and sealing the summer wheels before the spring arrives, so;

Have anyone here tried either the power ball or power cone for those rims?  

Cheers,

Kristoffer

5 hours ago, KristofferStrand said:

Hi,

New at the forum, and I have recently ordered a new vRS with the 19" Xtreme wheels for the summer, and 17" for the winter time.

When I pick up the car, the winter tires are fitted, so I plan polishing and sealing the summer wheels before the spring arrives, so;

Have anyone here tried either the power ball or power cone for those rims?  

Cheers,

Kristoffer

Hi, welcome to the forum

I have previously used polishing cones on door handle cups they perform well with a decent drill, however cannot comment on their performance on wheels

Aren`t they really a product for aluminium and stainless wheels ? , fine for getting exhaust detailed but I myself would not use on new lacquered wheels, surely they just need to be sealed or waxed 

Don´t know to be honest - never felt the texture. I found some cheap, "china made" polishing cones on eBay in coarse, medium and soft, so I bought medium and soft. If they are comparable to my other pads like the Über, HexLogic and Meguiars, I will try them when I polish the rims before the sealant are applied. 

Will make a small review if I find them ok :)

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 12:43, KristofferStrand said:

Don´t know to be honest - never felt the texture. I found some cheap, "china made" polishing cones on eBay in coarse, medium and soft, so I bought medium and soft. If they are comparable to my other pads like the Über, HexLogic and Meguiars, I will try them when I polish the rims before the sealant are applied. 

Will make a small review if I find them ok :)

Yes - i have the cheap china set with firm, medium, soft.

Firm cone is ideal for exhaust duties.

Medium is ok for wheels.... but i find the soft cone a little too soft.

Let us know how you get on.

For anyone interested i'll put the link to ZFE shop link below:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burnishing-Foam-Sponge-Polishing-Pad-Cone-Shaped-Buffing-Pads-For-Car-Wheel-Hub/152595598174?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=452020832799&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2