Kodiaq vRS in development

octyal

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Also one of these as an option but not a vRS option yet.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/kodiaq/101602/new-skoda-kodiaq-scout-2017-review

Skoda Kodiaq Scout - front

Hang on, they keep referring to a Superb Scout in this article. Am I missing something, I didn't think there was one?

I hope that Skoda's new head of design has realised that that silver tat they put on the chin of a 'Scout  or Scoutline' vehicle of any other model including a vRS / RS is gash.

Time that they built Scout models with a bit of rough tough stuff 'rugged' & practicality about them & just drop that 'stylee plasticy expensive to replace trim on vehicles without any ability to do any actual distance on anything other than level 'pisted' tracks.

darts_superchin_500.jpeg

s1rUHCpLZsWpQJMvZSLCMq6dFhbC9uA6p8fZz6Ld.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Swapping for what exactly? Is anything confirmed yet?

Kodiaq RS is confirmed to be coming in the second half of the year, with the 176kW/500Nm BiTDI. Apparently, June/July production start.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Kodiaq RS is confirmed to be coming in the second half of the year, with the 176kW/500Nm BiTDI. Apparently, June/July production start.

So this is 240 bhp, nice.

What's the cost rumoured to be please?

10 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Is that rumours or there is something official out on the press? Engine choice is disappointing to me, I will not bother looking into a diesel if that's the only vRS on offer...

1 minute ago, newbie69 said:

Is that rumours or there is something official out on the press? Engine choice is disappointing to me, I will not bother looking into a diesel if that's the only vRS on offer...

Dealers are reckoning second half of the year which is 90% true, but the engine choice is 100% confirmed. No talk of TSI sadly. http://www.caradvice.com.au/500638/skoda-kodiaq-rs-bi-turbo-diesel-flagship-all-but-confirmed/

2 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

This delivers 6.3 0-60 in a Passat, I don't think it's too shy?

Of course the SQ5 derv would be nicer l!

It's not about the times but rather the delivery and entire character of diesel that I find unpleasant and not suitable for anything with the slightest "sporty" implication in its name *yes I know about Octy vRS diesels - doesn't mean I like those either* . For its size, the Kodiaq is actually rather light it's not that it really needs silly torque to make sense. A circa 300bhp petrol variant with the R/S3/Cupra engine would have me pre-ordering tomorrow but I guess VAG's marketing tactics would not allow that combo... (sigh)

Will need to look on the Ateca Cupra coming out soon, but that's a significantly smaller SUV.

...or the 190bhp Petrol Kodiaq that hits 250bhp easily with a simple remap, and quite close to 500Nm or torque. 

Edited by newbie69

11 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

It's not about the times but rather the delivery and entire character of diesel that I find unpleasant and not suitable for anything with the slightest "sporty" implication in its name *yes I know about Octy vRS diesels - doesn't mean I like those either* . For its size, the Kodiaq is actually rather light it's not that it really needs silly torque to make sense. A circa 300bhp petrol variant with the R/S3/Cupra engine would have me pre-ordering tomorrow but I guess VAG's marketing tactics would not allow that combo... (sigh)

Will need to look on the Ateca Cupra coming out soon, but that's a significantly smaller SUV.

...or the 190bhp Petrol Kodiaq that hits 250bhp easily with a simple remap, and quite close to 500Nm or torque. 

My derv VRs delivers an amazing daily experience, my Kodiaq is seeing 33mpg, another diesel VRs would make sense to me

19 minutes ago, oliverreed2 said:

My derv VRs delivers an amazing daily experience

No offence, but low expectations?

I say that from the point of view of someone who also has a diesel O3 vRS. It's nippy, but it isn't particularly quick, and I don't find the driving experience to be particularly engaging. It's a fantastic load lugger, but it is not a sports car. The BMW 120d I had previously was a lot better to drive, but again, I wouldn't classify it as particularly sporty.

Of course, when you compare either to my wife's Ford Ka... :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oliverreed2 said:

My derv VRs delivers an amazing daily experience, my Kodiaq is seeing 33mpg, another diesel VRs would make sense to me

Definition of "amazing" probably differs a lot between owners. Anyway I don't want to steer this into a diesel vs petrol debate, but rather state that I definitely expected a petrol engine to go with the Kodiaq vRS.