VCDS Adaptions list for Yeti

GLENT54321

Evening all, 

Is there a list on the Yeti section for adaptions/Add on's on VCDS for the Yeti? Like there is in the Octavia Forum? 

Im asking as my Dad has a yeti and is keen to have a few features enabled on his car. 

Thanks for the help. 

Mike

I've done the following - 1.2 TSI 2016 S

1.) large digital mph-  brilliant

2.) teardrop wipe front and rear (nb: only works when vehicle is moving) - really useful

3.) swaging (needle celebration) - cos it's cool

4.) tried the 5 lane flash instead of standard 3 lane but didn't take on my 2016 TSI, works fine on others.

maybe for future -

single click open all doors - as I'm a big bloke and not scared of getting hijacked.

seat belt chime off - may occasionally be useful for moving cars and driving from supermarket car park to supermarket petrol pump (don't need it as I can now remember to put my seat belt on when needed, (can also tie my own shoes laces).

not bothered with coming home. leaving home, going to the pub lighting.

17 hours ago, Halford said:

2.) teardrop wipe front and rear (nb: only works when vehicle is moving) - really useful

What is the teardrop wipe ?

9 minutes ago, S00perb said:

What is the teardrop wipe ?

A single wipe 3 to 5 seconds after the wash wipe cycle to clear any stray runs (Teardrops).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, langers2k said:

What are you trying to change?

Wanting to enable rear parking lights with DRLs.

Know the adaptation channel, just need to get access to it. 

Edited by spiz

54 minutes ago, spiz said:

Sorry to disappoint, it's very unlikely to be an adaption channel on a Yeti. I assume your BCM part number starts 1K0 937 08...?

MQB cars such as the MK3 Octavia/Superb can be done using adaptions but not older PQ35 cars such as the Yeti or MK2 FL Octavia/Superb.

Rosstech haven't added the ability to change the lighting configuation for PQ35 cars using VCDS, nor are they likely to. If you can find someone with VCP or ODIS-e then it should be possible. I think ODIS-s may also have a guided function for it.

5 hours ago, spiz said:

I was told by 3 UK dealers that this was not possible .... not sure I believe them but thats what they all reported back.

Hope it helps

34 minutes ago, TruckbusUK said:

I was told by 3 UK dealers that this was not possible .... not sure I believe them but thats what they all reported back.

Only because they don't know how ;)

9 minutes ago, Frenchtone said:

I seem to remember a long time ago someone, may have been lannigraham, had the rear sidelights switched on with the drl's, however that was on pre fl!

Pretty sure both the pre-FL and FL Yeti are based on the same platform so it shouldn't make any difference for this change.

If they have a BCM (Address 09: Cent. Elect) part number starting 1K093708___ then it's possible to enable rear DRL with the right equipment.

2 hours ago, Frenchtone said:

I seem to remember a long time ago someone, may have been lannigraham, had the rear sidelights switched on with the drl's, however that was on pre fl!

Not me.

3 hours ago, Frenchtone said:

Hi Guys :-)

Well I for one have had it done on both of our Yeti(s) - Fl & Pre Fl. (2011 & 2017 model years). It's not currently possible via VCDS as the instruction "hides" behind some byte or other that Ross Tech will currently not go near.

They actually recommend NOT interfering with this byte for fear of what might happen with programing and things not being reversible. I know they have looked at this byte long and hard but still have no resolution.......

HOWEVER! It can be done with dealer "programming kit". Not sure by what name that now goes by, but one or two VERY dedicated members here have bought this kit and can do it. My answer was to just ask our friendly dealership (Simpsons of Preston) to do it for me when it was in for service and they kindly did FOC as they had "Max" plugged in to the system at the time.

What you need is a good relationship with your dealer and a knowledgeable and willing attitude by their staff and it takes about 30 seconds! Apparently, it's just a "tick" in the right box and job done! (With the right kit that is!)

On a personal level. It's a very good mod and ensures you never inadvertently drive without lights. Hope this helps..............Tony

Edited by Great Yeti
Additional info
  • Like 1

@Great Yeti - current dealer software is called ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic Information System) and it comes in two variants, engineering (ODIS-e) and service (ODIS-s).

I expect the dealer you spoke to used a guided function in ODIS-s to enable your rear DRL, as I mentioned a few posts ago.

The forums members you mention probably use VCP :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frenchtone said:

I got the dealer to do ours on the PDI 3 ½ years ago (F/L L&K) 

It took them a while to find the coding and a few seconds to actually code the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

The forums members you mention probably use VCP :)

YES - WELL DONE! Thats the one (anyone know where I can buy memory cells!)

On 10/5/2017 at 19:19, langers2k said:

Sorry to disappoint, it's very unlikely to be an adaption channel on a Yeti. I assume your BCM part number starts 1K0 937 08...?

MQB cars such as the MK3 Octavia/Superb can be done using adaptions but not older PQ35 cars such as the Yeti or MK2 FL Octavia/Superb.

Rosstech haven't added the ability to change the lighting configuation for PQ35 cars using VCDS, nor are they likely to. If you can find someone with VCP or ODIS-e then it should be possible. I think ODIS-s may also have a guided function for it.

Yes. BCM is p/n 1K0 937 086.

Thanks for clarifying.