Skoda Octavia vs Lamborghini Countach

When I was a young boy, back in 1978, I had a poster of the new "facelift" Countach on my bedroom wall.

It had the widest wheels in the world; 345/35-15, and it could accelerate from 0-100 km/t in just 5.9 sec and a 1/4 mile drag race was done in only 14.6 sec!

My fathers 1969 Ford Cortina 1500 deluxe was a little slower............

I still dont afford a Countach, but last year I bought a brand new Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG 4x4 L&K.

And last week it was upgraded with a "tuning box" from Racechip in Germany.

After some testing I hooked up VCDS, started the Acceleration Measurement, engaged Launch control and let it go!

The result got me to remember the poster from my childhood, and thought; who would believed that back in 1978?

A SKODA!

With a 1.8 litre engine!!

59a9b5bf9ea47_Raceproacc.thumb.JPG.896e8cc8e5e5e4f789bad8e1fe751663.JPG

Edited by norsko
  • Like 4

Awesome work.

I've got to get myself a decent map. Just today I decided I was already used to the performance of my car and needed more! 

Oh, and that's the best thread title I've seen in a very long time! 

Yes, the little 1.8 TSI engine gives the family car quite impressive performances.

@norsko did you ever test the acceleration without the tuning box? Skoda says it goes 0-100 km/h in 7.5 sec. But I have seen tests that indicates 6.8 sec. (that is also a good figure, but nothing like Samatha posters :cool:).