Help needed on byte 18

charly129

Hi All

Can anyone help me on a byte 18 problem please on a Skoda Yeti 2014 with fog and driving lights, I have already got a real Skoda Set of LED rear lights at considerable cost and I have them working perfectly on correct resisters but the resistors get way too hot for my liking and I would like to code them properly with byte 18 as this would also stop the cold start test (Rapid Flashing of LED 4 times ) every time I start the car.

I have VCDS and will post a scan as soon as work out how I know the code exists as I have seen same car with same lights on same year.

Log-23610km-14670mi-skoda yeti.txt

Hi Gizmo

I did post on Ross Tech last year and got an answer from a guy who lived in Whitby who said he could upload a piece of code from another Yeti which had the correct coding, I believe he was talking of using another piece of software similar  VCDS but had different ways of modifying packages I think it was VAGCOM but I tried and never got an answer from him.

Ross Tech did not seem to have an answer other than leave byte 18 well alone at that time.

Regards

Charly

That was probably @mikeholroyd but he is taking a break from the forum atm.

Rather than messing with byte 18 using VCDS, you ideally need to find someone with VCP or ODIS-e who knows what they're doing. With these tools it's possible to firstly backup the original config and then correctly code in the LED clusters.

I'm quite far away from North Yorks unfortunately...

Hi

That sounds familiar and I appreciate people come and go from the forums so I never got anything sorted and lost touch with the guy.

anyway now I sorted out all the correct resistors and its working perfect other than the Cold Start Scan and the amount of heat these resistors generate is amazing.

I would have thought someone had cracked the byte 18 mysteries by now and you are correct the program and cable was VCP and I remember that you lived too far away.

I have toyed with buying VCP but found it is a bit of a learning curve to use it properly and a lot of expense for a twiddler rather than a professional.

If anyone on the forum lives near York area and is up to coding the LED rear light clusters to my Skoda Yeti please step forward and earn yourself a just reward.

langers2k I have sent you a PM

Regards 

Charly

Edited by charly129
Adding A message to forum member

13 hours ago, charly129 said:

I believe he was talking of using another piece of software similar  VCDS but had different ways of modifying packages I think it was VAGCOM

VAGCOM is the previous name for VCDS, so it's the same software...

2 hours ago, SWBoy said:

VAGCOM is the previous name for VCDS, so it's the same software...

Yes you are correct I already own genuine VAGCOM AKA VCDS the name of the package I was trying to remember was VCP which eluded me at the time but thanks to langers2k he came up with correct name.

Regards

Charly