Facelift vRS initial impressions

How do you find the LED headlights compared to the ones in there Leon, is there any noticeable difference?

They are reflector units in the Leon, but the Octavia FL has them behind a projector. 

Leon has terrible LED lights, noticeable worst then xenon on Octavia. It was my first impression riding with it, expecting I don't know what, but something much better then xenon, as next generation. On the contrary, my friends FR was clearly unable to fight orange street lights. Big disappointment. Hopefully Octavia has much brighter LEDs? It must be, they had great headlights past decade.

47 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Reference to the Lane Assist.

I have this on all the time and I find if both boxes are ticked it can be rather aggressive. I only have the Top box ticked, it seems a little smoother.

Have a play, see which you like.

AG

TBH I didn't realise there was more then 1 option, I'll need to look at the manual ☺️

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

How do you find the LED headlights compared to the ones in there Leon, is there any noticeable difference?

They are reflector units in the Leon, but the Octavia FL has them behind a projector. 

They seem much brighter than the Leon's, they are average at best in the Leon

Surprised at the comments Re: Leon LED headlights. As someone that drives 1000km per week at night, my opinion is that the Leon LEDs are far nicer to drive with than the Octavia Xenons, especially at very low light levels.  I also find that the pure white of the LEDs vs Yellow Xenon output means that I don't have to strain my eyes as much (albeit this may be due to my age!).

I would expect that the FL Octy lights are similar to the Ford / BMW / Renault LED Projectors, that give off a very intense blue/white light - awesome when fitted to your own car, but verging on too bright if coming towards you!

• Like 1

Can you explain more about the LED difference between Leon and Octavia, please? I thought Leon's are also projector types.

Except for the yellowish light of Octavia xenon, how do they compare in light quantity and overall light put on the road. Never drove LEDs so far. Are they also cheaper or more expensive to replace once burned.

Re Leon and Octavia, how do you see them positioned once against another in terms of quality, image and price?To be honest I did underestimate Seat when choosing Skoda but I believe now it was a mistake.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

Surprised at the comments Re: Leon LED headlights. As someone that drives 1000km per week at night, my opinion is that the Leon LEDs are far nicer to drive with than the Octavia Xenons, especially at very low light levels.  I also find that the pure white of the LEDs vs Yellow Xenon output means that I don't have to strain my eyes as much (albeit this may be due to my age!).

I would expect that the FL Octy lights are similar to the Ford / BMW / Renault LED Projectors, that give off a very intense blue/white light - awesome when fitted to your own car, but verging on too bright if coming towards you!

Yep, its your age but, mine are just the same, the colder whiter light just seems easier to deal with.

The new Mk3 fl LED's are awesome to drive with, very low set on dipped beam possible, to do with the brightness for oncoming traffic, flick the main beam up & whole world comes into view.

Are you coming tonight ?