Yeti L&K - Bluetooth headphones

I have a 2016 Yeti L&K, which I believe is fitted with the "Amundsen" radio/nav unit.  Is it possible to connect to the audio output using headphones/earbuds via Bluetooth?  I realise the inherent dangers of the driver doing so, but have a specific need for one of my children as a passenger.

Thank you Fin. I know that the fitted radio unit has Bluetooth, it's just a question of can I connect directly via that Bluetooth capability. But if not, I shall go for the item you have suggested. Thanks again

I don't think any car headunit will support streaming music to bluetooth (BT) headsets.

If I've understood it correctly, the problem you've presented is to add a BT output on equipment that has no BT output or AUX output.

I'm not sure how the BT/aux adaptor linked by Fin helps as it solves the opposite problem. Namely, it connects to an AUX input so BT devices can stream to equipment without an BT input option.

To solve your problem, you'd probably need two devices and the BT volume is likely to change when you adjust the headunit volume:

- one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142181252156 to convert the high level speaker outputs in to a line level output

- one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260821395579 to transmit the line level output over BT

If you have a factory sound system installed, you'll already have a line level output between the headunit and amp so you'll just need the second part.

A better question is what are you actually trying to achieve? Is it to allow one of your children:

- to listen to the stereo without disturbing other vehicle occupants

- to have their own volume control

- something else...?

• Like 2

Thank you Landers

Sorry not have been more specific with my initial query.  The current ICE unit fitted into the Yeti L&K has BT capability and I use that facility with my mobile phone.  My primary aim is to allow my child, who is hard of hearing, to be able to listen to the radio whilst in the car, without having the volume so high that the rest of us find it uncomfortable.  So I suppose the question is,:

Can I "pair" BT headphone/earbuds with the "Amundsen" BT unit in the car, and if so, do they need to be of any particular type.

Thanks for your suggestions to date.

19 hours ago, YetiMike said:

Can I "pair" BT headphone/earbuds with the "Amundsen" BT unit in the car, and if so, do they need to be of any particular type.

As langers2k has said the BT on the Amundsen is only capable of taking INPUTS into the system (e.g. music or calls from a mobile phone), not of providing OUTPUTS from the system (e.g. to  headphones).

So the answer to your question is no, you cannot pair any headphones/earbuds or speakers or any other output device to your Amundsen.

langers2k suggestion of a line level to BT transmitter is your answer to this problem.