Love my Citigo... but water, water everywhere!

BarclayCaz

Thank you- yes... water travels.

It IS more or less dry now, but smells of cat ****. Not much i can do now, and I can't dry carpets or remove seats- I live in a studio flat...and very little space! And I need to drive to work every day too (45 min journey).

I think it did come from the front gutter that now I am monitoring for debris. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! 

I have a similar problem with my Up, I have water under footwell of the driver, the rest of the car is completely dry. As I washed the car I saw water coming out beneath through the draining holes, so they are not blocked. Do you have any ideas as where could water come in? 😔 It is annoying... Smells like.... 

17 minutes ago, ionutcp said:

Do you have any ideas as where could water come in?

Door membrane not properly sealed?

Missing floor bung?

Door drain(s) blocked?

You need to physically look in these places before they're more than "common possibilities".

Hi, 

So the water in my car was coming in due to blocked holes, under the black gutter at the top of the engine (underneath the window surround). You need a torch to peer in and down, and then you will see two rectangular holes on the far corners- in the metalwork - mine were clogged with debris and leaves). I poked a kebab skewer in there and the water came out. Took 6/7 weeks to dry my car out but the problem is now fixed. Keep an eye on it!

Just double check those places I mentioned- water will come out through the holes even if clogged, albeit slowly (perhaps when you were washing the car)

Other users have had the same problem and alerted me to this (on another thread)

9 hours ago, Henrif said:

sorry- see it is in this thread but back a page... hope this sorts your problem!

Thank you for all details Henrif! But I checked those holes, I removed the plastic cover, that compartment is clean and the water drains very quickly as I poor it through those rectangular holes. The inside the car, on the footwell is clean, this bothers me... I saw somewhere that someone had water entering through the left side of the windscreen, but I Don t know how to remove the plastic cover without damaging it

The water inside the car*

• 1 month later...

oldish thread but, water in the boot can be from water getting in around the seal of the rear light clusters. 

wife's had a swimming pool in the spare wheel well traced by dealer back to this. new light cluster under warranty (2013 car, this was 2014) and it's been perfect since - still have the car...

1 minute ago, mac11irl said:

oldish thread but, water in the boot can be from water getting in around the seal of the rear light clusters. 

wife's had a swimming pool in the spare wheel well traced by dealer back to this. new light cluster under warranty (2013 car, this was 2014) and it's been perfect since - still have the car...

I also checked this, the spare wheel compartment is absolutely dry... I will let the carpet dry completely and then I will jet wash the car... I do not have any other ideas. I cannot open the left front pillar cover, to see if water enter trough the windshield glued area... 

Thank you for the answer ☺️

silica containing cat litter does a very good job of absorbing water back out of carpets etc. few scoops in and let soak up then hover it out. once things are pretty dry, put some in a few small cotton/ hessian bags and place throughout the car. it will soak up the humidity in the cabin and help draw more out of the carpet/underlay.

• 2 years later...

One of my boys has a Citigo & the other has a Mii. The Mii has water behind the passenger seat.  I`ve been looking for a fix, on forums etc, then instead of Googling it i searched on Youtube which brought up this video. Guess i know what i`ll be doing at the weekend now 😆

• 2 months later...