Anything I should be aware of: Skoda Superb 4x4 Laurin & Klement FACELIFT 2.0 TDI R4 125kW

Looking to upgrade the car to a Skoda Superb (love the room and often take long trips in the car). 

Found a used 2014 Skoda Superb 4x4 Laurin & Klement FACELIFT 2.0 TDI R4 125kW with 140.000 km. Has the extras I want: tow hitch, automatic, sun roof, plus more (engine pre-heat, keyless, beige leather, etc.). Don't need a 4x4 but it has everything else, it's the only model with my specifications, and doesn't hurt to have 4x4.

Is there anything I should pay particular attention to during a test drive? This is a quantum leap for me compared to my current ride: 1997 Peugot 406...doesn't even have a cup holder!. So, I am sold on the cup holder alone! No point in getting overly excited about it if more experienced people here know that the model has faults. 

How can I confirm it's an L&K? I can see from the pictures the shifter knob and outside left panel has an L&K signature...weary about someone just sticking that on there. Checked the VIN number and all it told me was that it was a Combi model, production data, etc. At least I know it's not got a diesel problem. 

Private seller. Importer from various European countries, primarily Germany. 

I have not driven or seen the car yet, but ad states that full service history is available. 

I will get a full pre-purchase inspection before a purchase if I am satisfied with a test drive. 

I'll have to take my chances with the seller. 

That's why I am asking about anything in particular I should look for. And will get an inspection from an independent company. 

I just moved to Estonia and my impression is that many cars are imported as the used car selection is limited in such a small country. Import from Germany = more model selection + cars with more options 

My Superb is an import from Germany. The local selection of used cars is limited, especially those that have been purchased originally in Estonia. The consumer is very price conscious and the imported cars are generally cheaper. It doesn't help that most people go for an used car instead of leasing a brand new one. It's actually to the point that it's not too uncommon for people to purchase the cheapest car listed for the model they wanted and then struggle with repairs.

The Superb is a popular company car, even the police use Superbs and Octavias nearly exclusively. So there are plenty of used ones available for not too much, but with a lot of mileage, usually. Due to price consciousness, most models available are in basic trim. Finding an L&K is a task. skoda.ee has plenty of nice looking second gen Superbs on the lot, but not one of them is an L&K.

Get a pre-purchase inspection at an official dealer, for sure.

Most of the members here are from the UK. Because the cars in the UK are RHD, you don't have a market for LHD cars, so there's little import/export with the rest of Europe. Unlike in the UK, cars are sold from country to country in continental Europe all the time. Many cars are imported from the UK to here to part out, mostly crashed but some even intact. Why, the low price of course.

TLV...thanks for the explanation. Same situation with the vehicle fleet in Denmark where I lived previously; lots of import from Germany for the exact same reasons. 

My added struggle has been finding a model with the specifications I am interested and the age since I will likely bring it back to Denmark...where the registration for all cars starts at 180%. A new fully loaded Superb will run about 100.000 Euros...and that's not even an L&K because they don't sell that model since cost would be too high for the market. So, I need a car at least 4 years old or older. 

The main option the L&K had which was not fitted to the lower models is ventilated front seats. Look for perforated leather plus a little switch on the seat base to turn on the fans. They also usually have a unique interior colour (a dark brown).

Lots of high spec cars in Germany get nicked and shipped to eastern European countries and Russia. I don't know how you could check whether the car is genuine or stolen, but do it if you can.

L&K did not only come in dark brown interior with black trim. You could also specify beige with silver aluminium trim. In england it had a TV tuner, electric, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats and panorama roof as standard, 18" Sirius alloys, plus Laurin&Klement written inside and out.

Thanks for the tips. 

Had the car checked out at the Skoda dealer in town. Only problems were:

1. Right side view mirror heating element is inop (LHD)
  2. Left rear door seal not in perfect condition, but mechanic said it wasn't an issue
  3. L&K logo missing from right front panel

Seller gave me a 200 Euro discount for the mirror with an estimated repair from the dealer of 275 Euro. I can live with that. 

Superb...here I come.