Won a VRS230 DSG!!! Ordering tomorrow!

WOW congratulations!!!!.... 

I have been playing for a while myself and did wonder if they really did one a week, clearly they do! .... 

Do you just tell them what you want or do you have X amount to go up to ? 

• Like 1

Cheers, to say I'm delighted would be the biggest understatement ever lol!

So they pay for the base 245 DSG in hatch form, the £1200 jump to the Estate and any additional options I cover myself then they send the change from the £20k

:)

• Like 1

• john999boy changed the title to Won a VRS230 DSG!!! Ordering tomorrow!
14 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Cheers, to say I'm delighted would be the biggest understatement ever lol!

So they pay for the base 245 DSG in hatch form, the £1200 jump to the Estate and any additional options I cover myself then they send the change from the £20k

Wow you couldn't ask for any more really :) It's nice to see you won a decent car as well ... he he he...

Brilliant for you, great choice of car too ! You might as well do the Lotto as well this week !

Awesome for you, nice to see such things happening ! :)

If I were you I would add just a few options, like typically Lane Assist (as it'll add the camera that can later be used to activate a lot of other things via VCDD) and Blind Spot Monitoring ;)

Congratulations fella, I'm thinking about a vrs estate this time next year. I'm loving my 1.6D SE-L DSG for the time being :thumbup:

You've chosen well there.

6 hours ago, Wiivern said:

Awesome for you, nice to see such things happening ! :)

If I were you I would add just a few options, like typically Lane Assist (as it'll add the camera that can later be used to activate a lot of other things via VCDD) and Blind Spot Monitoring ;)

Lane assist is standard on a VRS :)

Thanks for all the positive comments, much appreciated!

So that's it ordered, I went for the Hatch in the end, just looks so nice and in all honesty with the space they have it will more than suffice.

Here's the one they brought on the day, it's a 230 but specced with most of the 245 bits, simply stunning!    Those Alcantara seats!!! Oh and so impressed with the Ambusmen nav and Canton, stunning screen and the sound!! Incredible!

The dealer (Henrys Skoda Glasgow City Centre) and salesman Andrew have been fantastic with it all, also giving me a brand new VRS for the weekend next week to try out!!

What a week!   Now the long wait!! 

IMG_20170908_105704.jpg

Edited by Muzza80
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, WayTooTall said:

Visit someone with VCDS when you get it, to enable High Beam Assistant and Cornering fogs, plus a few other tweaks.

Congratulations BTW

Fogs on these are LED now aren't they? Interested to see what the cornering fogs look like with factory LEDs. With halogens they look a bit pants as the colour temperature is completely different to Xenon headlights. Not an issue when both headlight and fogs are LED.

44 minutes ago, Wiivern said:

Oh nice, didn't know about that!

I wish it was the case when I bought mine (MY15)

Just seen you're not in the UK - made previous post on mobile site. It's always been standard on UK spec MK3 - not sure if it's now standard on non-UK MK3s

Edited by ahenners

The 245 is awesome I'm sure you'll enjoy, well done & yes the screen looks great but, once you've driven it your No. 1 praise will go to those seats. Alcantra is fantastic, it'd take Micheal Barrymore to grip your ass firmer though maybe, not near a swimming pool.

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the comments.

So speccing it up today actually it seems Lane Assist is standard and it's done by an additional forward facing camera on the rear view mirror rather than the ACC radar in the grille?

Good to hear that you can get light assist enabled with VCDS (I have it) as I nearly checked that option too!     I think that with ACC you might also get front assist too (padestrian warning / colission detection) too?

Really the only thing I'm still considering adding would be rear view camera but that's just a "nice to have" rather than something I really want so I'll think about that one for a bit.

• Like 1

My understanding is that It works in conjunction with both camera and radar. In full 20-20 hindsight, ACC is one thing I wish I had specced on my TSI.

Edited by Warrior193
Delete mistake