Minor irritation, literally.

Fitzwilliam

Hi, I've only had my Citigo a couple of days, overall I am impressed. I do though have one slight niggle. One thing I'm surprised Skoda don't include on this model is a height adjustable seatbelt anchorage, something very necessary if you're not Mr Average. I'm a long legged 5'11" and the seatbelt fit is abysmal, virtually under my left armpit and scraping the right side of my neck, I have started sliding myself to the left on the seat to compensate, very irritating. Desparately need something to rectify this, after an internet search came up with this :-

37110362225_cbfabbdbae.jpgSeat belt extender 

£15 including postage from the US, hope it does the trick.

Edited by Fitzwilliam

I'm 6'2" and long of back, not particularly long of leg. The fixed height seat belt top anchor doesn't trouble me but I do use the seat height adjuster to help with comfort in this respect.

Maybe if I had the 3 door which has the door pillar further back it would not be a problem but I have the 5 door, sounds like you're an ADI Chris, I was an ADI for almost 38 years, last car I taught in before I retired was a Fabia VRS Tdi, pupils loved it, never had anyone stall it on a hill start with all that tick over torque 

Hopefully the seatbelt buckle extender I've ordered should sort out the comfort problem, probably be here some time next week

46 minutes ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Maybe if I had the 3 door which has the door pillar further back it would not be a problem but I have the 5 door, sounds like you're an ADI Chris, I was an ADI for almost 38 years, last car I taught in before I retired was a Fabia VRS Tdi, pupils loved it, never had anyone stall it on a hill start with all that tick over torque 

Hopefully the seatbelt buckle extender I've ordered should sort out the comfort problem, probably be here some time next week

Funnily enough, I taught in a diesel Fabia VRS for a couple of years. Best training car I ever had.

Large people are known to carry them so they can use in Taxis or when getting lifts because not belting up can get drivers a fine so letting an Insurer know in the drivers case or the policy holders would be a bit awkward if they had to do it each time a fare wanted to use one.

People do not inform their insurer each time they fit a Baby / Child Seat to a Cars Seat Belt Fixing.

But then better safe than sorry, 

but it will be good to know if an Insurance Brokers Call Handler even know what you are declaring.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Seat belt extender arrived a few days ago, does the trick nicely, no more neck grazing, seat belt at a much more comfortable (and safer) angle, £15 well spent.

I hope that, when fitted, it doesn't re-position the buckle over the soft parts of your abdomen...a definite no-no. The buckle should be at the side, away from soft body-parts.

It’s still to the side just slightly further forward, it doesn’t encroach on any soft tissue areas, it might if I was skinny, but I’m not, I’m 17 stone, the belt angle across the chest is now perfect, in an accident I’d be much better protected.

On 23/09/2017 at 21:25, Fitzwilliam said:

It’s still to the side just slightly further forward, it doesn’t encroach on any soft tissue areas, it might if I was skinny, but I’m not, I’m 17 stone, the belt angle across the chest is now perfect, in an accident I’d be much better protected.

The reason I mentioned it...I looked on eBay for seat-belt extenders (curiosity - don't actually need them) and found pictures of them fitted looking decidedly dangerous. See here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-36cm-Car-Auto-Safety-Seat-Belt-Seatbelt-Extension-Extender-Buckle-Guard-Kid-/252833432756?epid=701257666&hash=item3ade0c04b4:g:evEAAOSwzgBY2dvu

26 minutes ago, oxonboxn said:

The reason I mentioned it...I looked on eBay for seat-belt extenders (curiosity - don't actually need them) and found pictures of them fitted looking decidedly dangerous. See here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-36cm-Car-Auto-Safety-Seat-Belt-Seatbelt-Extension-Extender-Buckle-Guard-Kid-/252833432756?epid=701257666&hash=item3ade0c04b4:g:evEAAOSwzgBY2dvu

I totally agree that does look dangerous, it’s because it’s 36cms (1 foot) long, the one I bought is only 10cms long which keeps the buckle safely at the side of my hip.

21 hours ago, Asathorny said:

I hope the seat belt extender solved your problem, my problem was the belt cutting into my neck which, needledess to say, was solved with a big fluffy belt protector...

Yes, that was my main problem too, the extender now keeps the belt diagonal across the chest properly and the belt clear of the neck.