mk3 Octavia amplifier wiring

marko

just about to start a big install in my Octavia vRS230 and need to start by installing the power cable at the battery end and routing through to the boot area. has anyone got any pics of how they did it and the best place to feed through the bulkhead?

thanks, Mark.

1 hour ago, Pessimal said:

No idea marko, but good luck doing it.

What are you sticking in this time?

so far I'm steering towards this set up although amp choice may change depending on what works best in the end!

OEM head-unit

Nakamichi MB9 multi-changer

Helix DSP Pro mk2 to control it all

Focal Beryllium no7 with crossblock for front end.

Velodyne 12" sub

Phoenix Gold Reactor + MS2250 for amplification

Still running the old skool stuff then :)

If I ever get round to it I have a bit one, genesis quad mono, DLS A5 (the big three), and somehow I have ended up with 2 genesis profile sub ultras, dunno which is going in yet!. Sub is a cdt and I have a JL w6 on stand by.

Head unit is either stock or Kenwood dnx525 if I can get the Bluetooth working again.

No fronts as yet, may leave as standard, but add in a 3" sealed dynaudio unit in the door to help with the awefull standard mid position

Need to find out myself where the cables are going, and remember how to do a boot build.

Not done it on a Skoda, but there's a dead easy grommet on the Mk5 Golf behind and below the battery (or behind the glovebox). Can't imagine there's a massive difference between them?

Then just tuck it underneath the sill trim (hold in place with some cable clips if you like it super neat) and re-fit the trim.

Edited by Rjg
  • Thanks 1