Anything you've had fixed under warranty?

1 minute ago, Richies83 said:

Great stuff guys. Interesting reading. My DSG gear knob button is flaking. The chrome is coming off at 18k miles - not sure if it's worth a cheeky ask to replace. 

If you don't ask, you certainly won't get.  

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 17:14, Auric Goldfinger said:

Complete new front undercarriage 

Wheel bearings  ( 2 sets ) Drive shafts ( 2 sets ) Mechanical Diff, E- Diff,  Gear Box out, inspected and refitted, full 4 wheel laser alignment and calibration for the Lane assist Camera. About 2 weeks labour,  cars not one year old yet............

Cost.............God knows.   :shake:

Forgot to add, did I mention 3 sets of CV joints

65 plate vRS230. Near side front wheel bearing, glove box light and rear washer jet at 13k. Going to get reversing camera sorted too when I get time, it's now showing me my spoiler and number plate as well as what's behind me!

How long does the warranty last?

Mine makes awful clatter just when you don't want it to, doesn't start every time its meant to (1st thing in the morning), Makes a moaning sound when I do certain things, drinks far more than expected, very hard to steer - seems to have a will of its own!

At 60k do you think they will take her back? I'd swop her for 2 30k models, but that may double the problem

Edited by S00perb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, S00perb said:

Mine makes awful clatter just when you don't want it to, doesn't start every time its meant to (1st thing in the morning), Makes a moaning sound when I do certain things, drinks far more than expected, very hard to steer - seems to have a will of its own!

At 60k do you think they will take her back? I'd swop her for 2 30k models, but that may double the problem

I assume this is a car you're talking about? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

I assume this is a car you're talking about? :D

Car? Hey man, she is big, but you don't have to call her names ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2017 at 14:05, S00perb said:

Sorry, warranty only good to church or registry office exit - No returns.

18 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Sorry, warranty only good to church or registry office exit - No returns.

What do you mean no chuirch returns - there is a graveyard!

I had a creaking steering wheel in the 9 o'clock position that gradually worsened. I had it checked at 16000 km and the initial thought was that the wires from the steering wheel were loose, hence when rotating they would get caught in between and creak. However it turned out to simply be a bit of foam insulation that was in fact loose and when turning it was causing the sound. It's a small thing but I've seen others that had creaking steering columns so I thouht it might be worth sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first MkIII Octy changed after six months due to a persistent issue. The one i have now had a fault with a window seal which was whistling and was fixed under warranty.

Had the following items replaced on mine

Rear tailgate struts

DSG shifter knob (Flaking chrome)

Chrome trim around center air vent on dash (chrome blistering)

Manifold boost sensor (engine cutting out, with error code relating to manifold pressure)

Recent repairs under warranty....New Turbo at 10,800 miles, I noticed the change before it went bang so saved my engine. Picked the car up from the dealer after it was fitted, went to collect the wife and her shopping and the boot wouldn`t open, released but stayed down. Had two new struts fitted as both failed at same time. Luckily all under warranty but considering my options when renewal time comes around if it carries on like this. Oil consumption seems to have settled at about 1000 miles per .25l, much better than first 5k when it was using 1l every 700 miles. Dealer has been open and helpful on each occasion, no hassle at all, even lent me another Octavia while mine was in for the work !

On 10/09/2017 at 17:14, Auric Goldfinger said:

Complete new front undercarriage 

Wheel bearings  ( 2 sets ) Drive shafts ( 2 sets ) Mechanical Diff, E- Diff,  Gear Box out, inspected and refitted, full 4 wheel laser alignment and calibration for the Lane assist Camera. About 2 weeks labour,  cars not one year old yet............

Cost.............God knows.   :shake:

On 14/09/2017 at 11:12, BigLee said:

Can people put the mileage of the failure on as well? Just to see if it's a random fault or a mileage issue.

About 3K miles, 7 months old

Haldex-pump, oil and filter at only 10k km.

Adjusted front suspension due to poor assembly at the factory, also adjusted front and rear bumper for the same reason.