sat nav has lost the plot

Mine doesn't lose where I am, but it suggests pretty silly routes. I've been suggested some fairly ridiculous routes by my system so far. Doesn't seem to recognise nice quick B road short cuts and town bypasses. Non motorway options tend to take you right through towns when quicker alternatives exist. Google Maps directions on my phone seems to be able to find these with ease but the Columbus system I have seems to lack certain route 'knowledge'.

Edited by TGR

On 9/10/2017 at 17:02, sportline said:

sorry if this has been asked else where but never found it sta nav on 2017 superb sportline has lost the position its about 10 miles out from where it should be any ideas , just had roof wrapped could it be a aerial problem , any thought or idea would be great

Hmm, if this happened after the roof wrap I'd be very suspicious - was the sharks fin removed during the wrap?

9 minutes ago, Coops said:

Tis a poor system IMO. 

Doesn't offer alternatives, doesn't learn frequently used routes, traffic info is next to useless. 

Google maps via Android Auto is miles better. 

While I'd not rate the system as good as, say, Garmin - and the postcode entry logic is quite frankly stupid, I've never had any problems with positional data, or routes selected.  My system (Amundsen) offers three different routes to chose from in GoTo mode (shortest, fastest or "Greenest" route) However the OP was asking about an apparent positional error of approx 10 miles - this is huge in GPS terms, and I suspect this may very well have a lot to do with the recent roof wrap - especially if the shark fin antenna was disturbed during the wrap. 

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'm trying to get my Sat Nav settings altered, when Mrs G goes out in the 230  she returns home via the " Take me home button " I'm looking into the settings, trying to  to find a  " don't bring her home  " button

Any Ideas ?

Set a random postcode as your home address Auric - maybe something like AB1 1AE should do the trick. 

8 minutes ago, Coops said:

Set a random postcode as your home address Auric - maybe something like AB1 1AE should do the trick. 

Thats all well and good Coops but if I forget to reset it,  when I press the " Take me home " button the Sat Nav will take me to her  :worried:

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'm trying to get my Sat Nav settings altered, when Mrs G goes out in the 230  she returns home via the " Take me home button " I'm looking into the settings, trying to  to find a  " don't bring her home  " button

Any Ideas ?

Now you are just begging to be sent to bed without supper.