Skoda Swing issues

Calorian

Hi folks,

I have picked up a Swing headunit and code to replace the faulty Dance unit in the missus' Fabia 2. I have successfully removed the old unit and got the new one connected up (Pending aerial adaptions as the Dance has a single plug whereas the Swing has a double.) but I cannot get the unit to progress past the SAFE screen.

The manual suggests it should display SAFE for a few seconds before 0000 for code entry however mine does not progress this far. I turned the stereo on AFTER the ignition and have tried taking the car for a 10 minute run as I read this may help, but still SAFE. It is also showing no strikes for incorrect code entry.

Any support appreciated.

Garreth

Edited by Calorian

Partially solved. Looks like someone had entered a wrong code. After leaving it on for an hour it finally accepted the code. 

I also realised the single plug does fit the double socket, just leaving one empty which I assume is for some other device on other cars. 

My final query is as to why the radio doesn't seem to power on/off with ignition as it should, any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up my own post from the past but anyone able to answer?

As I said above. I replaced the Dance unit in the 08 Fabia with a Swing unit which was a straight swap however...

The Swing unit will not power on/off with the ignition and will only stay on for 30 minutes at a time (So it isn't seeing the ignition state as ON)

Anyone any ideas why this might be and how I can fix it, maybe a programming thing or the pinout is different between the dance/swing units (seems unlikely)

Cheers!