Aftermarket head unit causing airbag fault?

I fit my pioneer head unit yesterday and fed wires through to the rear of the car for amps speakers and sub and since doing this laborious task I now have an airbag fault displaying on my HUD, I correctly reinserted the passenger airbag connector into the glove box for the on and off switch.

Also when switching the ignition off the head unit turns itself off after 10-15 seconds and can't turn it back on unless switching ignition back on (i have gone into the units settings but cant see if it is the unit itself or the car) which is frustrating as I use it as a taxi so on queit days I listen to alot radio and don't want to drain my battery with having the ignition on for extended periods of time.

Has anyone had either of these problem, thanks in advance

Edited by KYL31988

Did you switch the ignition on when the glove box was out? If you did. thats your issue.

Regards the on/off issue. Did you buy the correct iso connector for the headunit?
The right one is the one connects2 make which creates a switched live for the headunit to use.

You should not be able to turn it on with the ignition out and tbh why would you want to?

9 minutes ago, ryan-re said:

I have found that is the problem and can get a friend to fix.

Yes I used connects2 kit everything works fine except it shutting down I can be sat in my car for extended periods of time waiting for my next fare and don't want to leave my ignition on potentially draining my battery more

3 hours ago, KYL31988 said:

Edited by KYL31988

Try swapping the swithced and perm lives over on the headunits loom.

It will take more battery power having the ignition on but if you are going to have your stereo on for long periods of time i'd recomend upgrading the battery

Just now, ryan-re said:

Try swapping the swithced and perm lives over on the headunits loom.

It will take more battery power having the ignition on but if you are going to have your stereo on for long periods of time i'd recomend upgrading the battery

Any idea on which wires they are?

13 hours ago, ryan-re said:

switched live should be yellow and perm should be red. They should have bullet connectors on them so swapping should be easy

Just tried this and the head unit boots up then turns off straight away and keeps doing so on a loop, any ideas?