120l will not start after headgasket

Hello

I recently did the head gasket on my 1988 120l as far as I can tell everything is back in place and should start... its getting spark its getting fuel and air (fitted with webber21/24? I think) all wiring seems ok it turns over and have got some sort of life out of it.

not too sure on ignition timing but as far as I am aware that wasn't changed 

quite stumped any help would be appreciated 

cheers james 

WP_20170902_13_44_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20170804_18_06_37_Pro.jpg

26 minutes ago, Wino said:

Have you double/triple-checked the order of the HT leads on the dizzy?

yes posted on fb and someone pointed out about the valve clearance I completely forgot that the head bolts hold the rocker arm shaft so the valve clearances will be out of  whack so will get to work on Wednesday and get it sorted out.

cheers  

• Like 1

@skodaestelle120l - OK, this might sound like a stupid question but did you remove the distributor? If so, are you certain it's gone back in right rather than twisting one tooth round its pinion? (Don't ask how I know to ask this, but I learnt from a good professional mechanic friend.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@skodaestelle120l - OK, this might sound like a stupid question but did you remove the distributor? If so, are you certain it's gone back in right rather than twisting one tooth round its pinion? (Don't ask how I know to ask this, but I learnt from a good professional mechanic friend.)

I did however we got it put back in the right place it does have the thing down the bottom so you can't put it in unless it either 180 out or correct I don't know whether or not its free to move on its own or it's attached to crank as of now I am positive that the dizzy is in the right place but I will check on Wednesday, pretty shure it's the valve timing/clearances actually stopping the car running and the ignition is relatively easy for us to do 

thanks for all the help